Saturday, October 27, 2012

Soggy Saturday

It's raining today, which is a shame, because today is the day of the Zombie Walk! I posted a little about it previous years I attended, and this is my fifth year going now. I'm zombing it up with my friend Tina again this time. I guess we're just going to be a bunch of soggy zombies!

I went out dancing for Ritual Nights last night which was great fun. I was too tired to go the last time around but this made up for missing it. Since money is tight I didn't want to spend any cash on costumes (my zombie outfit is made from clothes I was going throw out/send to the thrift store) I just dressed myself up as a spider lady with a spiderweb shirt and spider ornament.

Spider lady

Yesterday we made brioche and croissants with the dough we'd prepared the previous class. My pastries came out well, but there was a near disaster when someone didn't properly shut the communal oven door, causing the oven temperature to crash by nearly 100'C. Thankfully my baked goods were nearly done so it just took them a little longer to be properly golden brown, but others fared worse. One tray of croissants wound up melting into mushy little piles of gooey dough rather than crisping and rising like they should. Pastry kitchen drama!

Brioche

The funniest thing was probably just the fact that braiding the brioche was a huge deal for all the men because most of them don't know how to braid anything, much less dough haha. Thank goodness for feminine skills! Anyway, I aught to eat some late breakfast and start getting ready for this Zombie Walk. I hope you're having a good weekend. Cheers!

1 comments:

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

You MADE pastries? Made them??? Oh my you are a goddess, proven by the oven disaster whereby no pastry would dare not rise for you:). We had a fantastic, biggest-ever Halloween parade here last night and it poured with rain! It didn't detract from the fun, it was perfect for the occasion:). xo

Post a Comment