Friday, January 27, 2012

Big Blue

Happy Friday everyone! Today's weather was really crappy, freezing rain for the first part, and then tons of snow later in the evening. It's no surprise all I want to do is cozy up in my new favourite sweater. I found it thrifting with my grandparents a few weekends ago. It's handmade, too!

Big Blue 1
Sweater - Thrifted from Value Village
Slippers - Ardene's

We stumbled upon a few other handmade pieces, but some weren't quite properly constructed. I think someone was learning and decided to donate all their not-quite-right attempts to the thrift store. This was labeled extra large, and it is rather big on me, but it's so cozy I had to take it home.

Big Blue 2

I'm going out for dinner with my grandparents and aunt and uncle tomorrow evening, to the Fish Market. It's going to be the first time I see my aunt in nearly a decade, so that's more than wonderful. I've already decided to wear my lovely vintage dress from Heather for the occasion.

I've had my future, in terms of work and life, on the mind a lot the last little while. I'm unhappy in my career but I'm struggling at getting out of this stage in my life and moving forward. I'm having a very hard time pinning down a goal to point myself towards. As you can imagine, that can be a little stressful. I'm really looking forward to just surrounding myself with warm, loving, encouraging people tomorrow and getting my mind off it. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. May the weather treat you better than it is me! Cheers!

1 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

oooh that sweater is rad, you totally look like a little sixties gal.

when i was about your age i had a really good job working at the college, a career type job with great benefits, lots of respect from people much older than me. i interviewed and hired all the tutors for the tutoring center and made the schedule, and also did public relations for our school, taking college course pamphlets to local businesses and high schools. it was a great job but there was a time when i knew i needed a change. it was the year 2000 and i made big plans to move to spain with my sister. i resigned my position at the beginning of september. i never regretted quitting that job, even though i've never ever since had a "real" career. i have moved many places (never made it to spain, after 9-11 i was too nervous to travel so far) but started road tripping and decided i never wanted a "9 to 5" type job again, had many adventures, went back to school, eventually getting my MA. i have been gloriously happy and always find a way to make ends meet. best of luck to you, it is all about attitude and will! no matter what you decide to do, i know you'll be great at it.

Post a Comment