Top - Thrifted from Value Village
Skirt - Thrifted from Value Village
Tights - Fancy Sox
Shoes - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
The last time this skirt was on the blog was back in September, when I paired it with some paisley print. I know I said I had a hard time styling the skirt, but seriously, that particular paisley, and an old red muscle shirt were literally all I could think of that worked with it. Thank the Thrift Gods for this new top! I really like the satiny crinkle-detail around the neckline.
This top also seems to be following my movement towards less form-fitting garments. I used to wear skin tight clothing all the time when I was heavier. It was just crucially important that my clothing not be baggy and make it look like I was any fatter than I already was. I suppose my ability to wear loose, flowing items that aren't necessarily form-fitting or figure-flattering is a sign I'm becoming more comfortable with my body and that I have the confidence in myself not to worry about it so much. And people say clothes and style are shallow things, psh!
Can you believe it took me nearly a year and a half to figure out I can take close up shots of my outfits with my tripod? Yes, I am that slow a learner. Ah well! Isn't the print on this skirt amazing?! So many tiny little details and crazy floral things going on.And for once you can see the real colour of these shoes. Now if only I could find another pair in exactly the same shade so I can replace these before I wear them out completely...
I had a wonderful supper with my grandparents and aunt and uncle on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to going up to visit their household in February, plus getting to meet my cousin's little 19 month old son for the first time. Speaking of February, I'm amazed it's right around the corner! I get the feeling I'll turn around and blink and 2012 will be a distant memory. I'm far too aware of time right now; how much of it it takes to accomplish things, and how quickly it goes by when you're trying to hold onto it.
Did you all have a good weekend? I spent most of my Sunday lazing around and not being productive in the least, but I really needed it. I feel so drained lately, pulled in a thousand directions and not quite certain where to point myself. Sometimes it's nice not to point myself anywhere and to simply stay cozy in my rest-nest. Have a lovely Monday everyone, cheers!




2 comments:
hahaha you're so silly :D of course you can take close ups with a tripod! :D and YES BUTTER MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER! Butter and mayonaise, gaaaaaah makes me go
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/emma-stone-yum-gif.gif
haha :D
i'm still learning that i can take better photos is i HAVE a tripod! will be putting that on my never-ending list of things to do. jan sure did fly by...but it was productive for me.
love that you wore green shoes!
[oomph.]
Post a Comment