Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Frumpus

I wore this last Friday, an outfit created in a spurt of frustration and annoyance. I am realizing how very few non-maxi anythings I actually own. Nearly every single one of my skirts is a long prairie maxi. It makes it rather difficult to get dressed for work without looking like I should be frolicking in a field of flowers. So I do things like this: hike up my skirt to my armpits and wear it as a midi-skirt under a messily-knotted baggy button-down. 'Cause somehow that made sense at the time.

Feb 03 2012 C

Button-down - Thrifted from Value Village
Skirt - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Wool tights - Fanxy Sox
Shoes - Spring

You can see the skirt styled as it's intended, in maxi form, in this outfit from back in August. I actually wear the skirt a lot, but for some reason thought I'd posted it far more recently. Clearly I need to keep tabs on my own past outfits. This is one I won't be repeating, although I will probably attempt something of the same with a few other skirts and shirts eventually.

Feb 03 2012 A

I am finding so many uses for this mustard blouse, I hadn't realized it would be so versatile. I'd never even noticed that this skirt had so much mustard in the print until I saw it next to the shirt in my closet. I may have shrunk the shirt a smidgen in the wash though; the sleeves feel shorter than I remember, but ah well! As the day progressed, the skirt waist slid down my back and I wound up with a bit of a fish-tail affect going on. I actually quite liked it, especially when walking around with the skirt swishing around my legs.

Feb 03 2012 B

I don't want to say too much (I'd rather not jinx myself) but I think I may have found someone special. Of course by now I know I get over-excited, and wind up wallowing in disappointment nearly every single time I feel this way but... I see no reason to stop hoping. Actually, I think now is the best time to hope for these things, because I'm more and more aware of how lucky I've been recently. The past few months have gifted me with many new people to love and friends to grow close to and I can finally say I am happy. I like to think it's because I've been trying so hard to give to others - love, friendship, tenderness, an open ear - that the world is just giving back. I guess I'll just have to keep on lovin' and givin' even more to thank the world for the gifts I'm getting! I hope you're all having a lovely week so far. Cheers!

4 comments:

Emmett Katherine said...

I like the colours in this outfit, especially that mustard blouse!!

Sian Thomas said...

I think the skirt looks really cute like that =) And I'm so happy for you being happy =D Good luck with the someone special, I'm sure it'll all work out well for you in the end, you're such a lovely lady =)
xx

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

I love wearing maxis all different ways :) you look lovely in bright colors :) xoxo

Unknown said...

Haha hike it up to your armpits- I often have to do that with thrifted skirts too! I really loved how you wore the skirt as a maxi but this is really pretty as well and looks great with the mustard blouse tied up. I wish you luck with your someone special!

Post a Comment