Blouse - Thrifted from Value Village
Skirt - Thrifted from Value Village
Hippo earrings - Thrifted from Value Village
Shoes - Lulu's
It's sort of annoying that these shoes cost more than every other item in my outfit combined. And they weren't even that pricey, so far as shoes go. I've done pretty good thrifting shoes in the past, and some of my time-tested walkable sandals have been thrifted. It's difficult with footwear though, for reasons from sizing to limited options compared to clothing, and whether or not the shoe is even sanitary.
I was yesterday picking up some necessities - coffee and sugah - when I spotted a display rack selling bubble-soap bottles and tubs of sidewalk chalk. It took me half a minute to decide whether my good idea was indeed a good idea, and I was soon adding both to my basket. Then I happily scurried home to draw on the patio stones out on my terrace!
It was early evening in Chinatown as I drew, and the sun was finally out after a day that had started with rain and chill winds. I could hear workmen down on the sidewalk yelling in an Asian language - I can't tell Cantonese from Mandarin if my life depends on it - and birds were chirping and zipping around in the sky. The gentle breeze tickled my skin and the air smelled like delicious fried foods and growing green plants. I experienced a lot more than the chalk in my hand while I drew, and I felt wonderfully calm and grounded after it all. I think this deserves repeating in the future. Plus it's just nice to see the drawings when I look outside.
Tomorrow I head back to my home town for the first time since Christmas. I won't be there long, less than 48 hours, but a dear friend of mine is having her baby shower on Saturday and I wouldn't miss that for anything. So many of my friends are getting married and/or having babies this year. There are three wedding invitations sitting on my desk waiting for replies. It's overwhelming and scary and I'm not even the one getting married or having kids! I am more than happy to sit back and be the token single childless friend for quite a long while to come. That was always my favourite character in sappy chick flicks; the wild one who's life never manages to fall into the old traps. Anyway, my weekend starts early tomorrow so I'll wish you all a happy weekend now. Cheers!



1 comments:
I know sometimes it's kinda annoying when you say you don't like something about an outfit (just cause you're being honest and shit) and then you get a bunch of comments like "but you look great!" because really you weren't fishing for compliments in the first place...
All that said, I respectfully disagree with you on the shoes. I think they look great! The leopard makes 'em work, baby.
Also your patio chalk drawing experience sounds just lovely and so PRESENT. That's not easy, yo! Good on ya :)
Post a Comment