Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Belgian Beauty

I absolutely adore this dress. It came to me by shear chance and luck. Had circumstances been even slightly different, it might still be back in Europe. On my last day in Brussels, in Belgium, I stopped at a vintage shop during my last few hours in the city and brought this gorgeous frock home with me.

Oct 14 2013 A
Dress - Vintage shop in Brussels, Belgium
Shoes - Gift from my grandmother

Four of the seams were coming undone - the thread so old it just couldn't hold any more - and it took some time and care, but she's good as new now. I'm not usually one for lace and rick rack but somehow on this dress it just works for me and I adore it so.

Oct 14 2013 C
Oct 14 2013 B

Even the two loud prints - one floral, one of berries - mesh together happily. Often times when I wear vintage, I'll get compliments on my dress. This one in particular garners more silence than the rest, but it's not your typical classic piece either. That's fine with me, I'm still overjoyed it's mine! Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment