Thursday, December 8, 2011

Flouncing Around

This awesome skirt was another of the gifts I received from wonderful Heather. It's awesome and flouncy and demands to be spun around in. All the time. Everywhere. So I spend a lot of time twirling instead of walking.

Nov 18 2011 D
Top - Garage sale, from mom
Skirt - Gift from Heather
Leggings - Who knows?
Boots - A shop on Sparks Street

I'm pretty frustrated. I recently purchased online a new terrarium for one of my snakes. I took the day off yesterday to be home to receive it... only to open the box and discover my $285 purchase had a shattered left side and cracked front. After an unhappy phone call and some e-mailing, the company promised to send me a replacement at no cost, but only because I'd had previous issues with them (someone canceled my original order several days in and I had to re-order) but that usually they'd make me deal with UPS.

Nov 18 2011 A

They said they'd crate the next one for extra measure but I really hope it arrives in one piece. It's stupid because they say on their website that they aren't responsible for damages during freight, but don't allow the option to purchase insurance. All I know is, that if the next one arrives damaged, I'm taking that company down. It's still small and independent, and in the reptile community, it doesn't take much to ruin a company when it turns out they do bad business.

Nov 18 2011 B

I noticed in the damaged one's box that the sides only had small squares of styrofoam instead of full ones, and it looks like the smaller size actually put pressure on the terrarium and caused it to break. Seems obvious to me, so if it repeats itself... I will not be a happy camper. There's no reason you can't spend an extra $0.50 for a full sheet of styrofoam and save your clients from receiving a useless $285 box of shattered acrylic.

Nov 18 2011 C

I really want this work week to be over. It just feels like such a major waste of time being at work. Winter is always the time of year that most makes me hate my job and the way we all live our lives. Society is so maddening. But anywho. I hope you're all having a good week. Cheers!

5 comments:

bonfire of my vanity said...

i love twirly skirts, purple and heather!!! you look awesome. your little waist is really accentuated by that shirt with the skirt.

Rebecca said...

That is annoying about the terrarium. Hopefully the new one arrives in good shape!

moonshinejunkyard said...

you look SO CUTE in that! wooo hooooo, you know how i love twirly skirts and it makes my little heart happy to see you up there in canada swirling away!

NESHA said...

I love the colour of your skirt, its such a wnderful shade!

Unknown said...

What an adorable skirt- I love the twirling pic! That's so frustrating about the terrarium but what a nice gift for your snake :) The winter makes me happy I can work from home! P.S. Does your cat try to eat your snake?

Post a Comment