Monday, December 12, 2011

Plaid to Meet You!

Happy Monday everyone, I hope your week is starting off well! I had a really fantastic weekend filled with mad dancing, baking, cooking, crafting, thrifting, friends and fun. This was definitely one of my better weekends recently for sure. I thrifted some really great stuff on Saturday, including the yellowest sweater ever, which you will eventually get to see. That and I snagged a thick wool coat, knee length, for just $15! I'd been seeing a lot of them in mall shops, but they were all woefully thin and cheaply made and they all had ridiculous price tags. Thrift store to the rescue!

Nov 20/21 2011 E
Red top - Gift from mom, garage sale
Skirt - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Shoes - Spring

I've had this skirt a little over a year now, but when I originally purchased it, I was considerably heavier and quite a few sizes bigger. When the cold weather rolled around this year, I discovered most of my warm skirts were way too big. After successfully taking in the first skirt, I set to work on this one. I'm quite happy with how it turned out! It fits me better than ever now.

Nov 20/21 2011 D
Nov 20/21 2011 A

I really love doing my makeup like this but I always feels like it's too much for work. But that's probably just because I work with 40-somethings who show up wearing sweatpants, cheap t-shirts and last night's Cheetos residue. *shudders* And I work in a professional environment!

Nov 20/21 2011 B

I'm still frustratingly battling ants in my apartment. You'd think by mid-December the little boogers would be securely hidden deep down in their subterranean ant-lair but I guess my apartment is more appealing. It's not horrible, but to give you an example... I cleaned my tree frogs' terrarium yesterday, emptied it out completely and put in fresh water and bark bits. Not two hours later? Ants crawling around everywhere inside it! They had a little highway going. I put down some poison and they swarmed it, and a few hours later there weren't any ants again but holy crow. Pain in the butt!

Nov 20/21 2011 C

Thankfully they seem more interested in exploring the vast expanses of my shower than getting into my baked treats so I can't complain about them too much. Hopefully come spring the problem won't worsen. Anywho, I hope you all have a lovely Monday! Cheers!

9 comments:

bonfire of my vanity said...

well, you know how i feel about plaid! you look so cute. i'm totally obsessing on mid-60's style right now and this is really scratching my itch. i can see you now, by day a well behaved secretary and by night a wild child.

Chelsea said...

First, the outfit. I love it! Festive without being too in your face about it, and that skirt looks just wonderful on you and highlights your lovely figure! Well done with the alteration!

Also, $15 quality warm coat? Total score!

But, sucks about the ants. Hope they clear out soon.

Sian Thomas said...

Really pretty outfit! Very festive feeling with the plaid =) And the skirt looks so good, amazing job of fixing it up yourself =D And your make up looks really pretty too, it's nice to do yourself up once in a while, I always think it makes more of an impact if you only do it every so often =)
Eurgh, those ants sound horrible and annoying!! Hope you can get them sorted =D
xx

Rebecca said...

I hate it when ants get into the house. Sometimes we have that problem in the summer. The skirt turned out well. It fits you perfectly!

Annebeth said...

aaaah I thought you hated christmas, this is so christmassy though! :-D very pretty, classy and sorta sexy too. Love the skirt and shoes, they match! :D

Unknown said...

What a beautiful wool skirt and how great that you know how to sew! That's a skill on my to-do list! Wow I'm surprised the ants are still hanging on- they're determined!

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh please this is torture!!! What an amazing skirt Celynne!!! It shows off your figure beautifully - encore!!!!!!!! Your work colleagues need to be taught a jolly good lesson - they ought to be ashamed of themselves - sweatpants indeed! I think Helga and I should pop over and give them some over-40s lessons - jeez what a disappointment! Oh yes goddam ants are invading us now summer is here, they LOVE the bath for some weird reason and attack the mouse and guinea pig cages minutes after they're cleaned - gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! xoxoxxox

Jenny - Pocketful Of Posies said...

You look fab! I love the skirt and the wrap around top!

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

The skirt looks amazing on you- great job taking it in! Super cute color combo-I always love plaid & esp when paired w/ "holiday colors"- in fact, just wore a it yesterday & will be posting tomorrow : )
I usually go w/ makeup for work but have decided it's never worth spending more than 5 mins on it haha.

http://dusanabotswana.com

Post a Comment