Blouse - Thrifted from Value Village
Skirt - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Belt - Ardene's
Tights - Christmas gift
Heels - Lulu's
This outfit feels very early-80's to me. Like I should be running around some old school typewriter-filled office, chasing after my boss with a stack of papers and a coffee. I really love how the bright colour of my skirt looks with the mustard though. Trust me to choose, of all colours possible to pair with mustard, a bright violet.
The above photos prove how bad I am at taking photographs with true colours, and at editing said photos. I don't know what I did to that close up shot but that is definitely not the skirt's true colour. I'm glad I took the photos the night before though, because when I put these tights on again the next day, there were two significantly-sized holes in one leg. Which is weird since I'd never even worn them before trying them on the night before. Ah well!
One of my friends had a pile of jewelery she was trying to give away and I picked up these and another pair of earrings. I'll probably be trying to give away some stuff soon too, or maybe re-sell. I plan on going through my closet and dresser this weekend, including trying everything on to make certain it still fits. I know a lot of my dresses are probably way too big for me now, but I'm really not looking forward to the reality of parting with some of my vintage beauties.
I'm so very happy it's Friday. I plan on spending most of the weekend at home, doing nice relaxing home things. This has been a crazy busy month in general for me. I'm looking forward to baking some mushroom-dill muffins, and finally getting my closet in order. I hope you all have a great weekend too. Cheers!





14 comments:
true colors are so hard to capture on camera sometimes! i think these look fantastic. bright and cheery for the winter :)
I could totally see you conspiring with Dolly, Lily, and Jane in this getup! Hopefully you know I'm referencing 9 to 5, one of my favorite movies ever!
I love the bold combo you've got going here... and that skirt is just lovely! I've also gotten more into mustard as a color since following tons of bloggers. Still wanna get my legs in some mustard tights one day!
Also... are you gonna try to sell your vintage stuff? Or re-donate? I'd be curious to see what you've got (though probably not my size, but just in case!).
Finally... mushroom/dill muffins sound DELICIOUS.
my sister had a very similar shirt in the early 90s...this whole outfit is a blast to the past. i LOVE various shades of yellow and purple together, they compliment each other beautifully.
you and darin are right there together with that mustard-n-fries thing! i kinda like it too, but there's got to be some ketchup in the mix.
I LOVE the colour clashing here! I think you're really brave to clash purple with mustard, and its turned out really well!!
I love the color of your skirt! It's so cheerful and pretty.
http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
Thanks for your comment when I announced my blogging break. I'm happy to be back in full form! I can totally relate to trying to capture true colours. It's especially hard when I'm doing food posts. One of my resolutions is to learn to work my camera settings - I tend to stick to auto.
The mustard and bright purple go really well together. I think they're opposite on the colour wheel, so that would make sense. The brown belt and shoes pull it together.
What a vibrant, feel-good combination of shades. I've developed a love of mustard too it's one of those colours that looks so much better when worn than it does on the hanger.
hmmm... not a mustard and fry fan, but I am a fan of this lovely golden color with this jewel tone purple.!
Glad youre enjoying the earrings :) Love the outfit!
Glad youre enjoying the earrings :) Love the outfit!
What a gorgeous outfit- I love the bright colours, that's how colour blocking should be done! I used to love mayonnaise with fries-especially the McChicken sauce- mmmm :)
Ohh, I love the colour combination! <3 Mustard is one of my absolute favourite shades!
x
Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog
never liked mustard...still don't. i usually scrape them out of my burgers and wince an even the faintest taste.
love that you paired the top with an equally rich color. fabulous, dahling!
[oomph.]
I love that skirt. Is it knit? Very cool :) Also, after looking at this picture, I realize that I was trying to wear my belt too high. I will have to try again, lol.
Post a Comment