Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Frenzy

Admittedly things aren't all that wild around here today, but my outfit sure feels wild! There's something about having electric blue legs that just gives your day a good kick in the butt. Not to mention wearing two dresses at once... gotta love layering! And yes, I am actually wearing this outfit as I post it, a rare occurrence around here.

March 2 2012 C
Shirt-dress + matching belt - Thrifted from Value Village
Black dress - Sears sale, 2008
Tights - We Love Colours
Shoes - Payless

This is the same black dress I wore over my snake-print shirt-dress back in January. It really is endlessly useful for layering. You can also see the shirt-dress and obi belt on their own in this post from last year. I don't wear the obi belt very often, but it turned out to be perfect for this outfit. When I saw the first dress sticking out past the second, I contemplated pinning the hem up out of view, but I actually really like the extra pop of colour (like I need more) it gives things.

March 2 2012 A

My silly cold is still dragging itself out. It's nothing serious, just a mildly annoying constant sniffle and really intense occasional sneezing, although now I'm worried it might be migrating to my lungs as usually happens when I'm ill. I can't just be severely sick for 48 hours, nah, I'm usually mildly and exhaustively ill for about two weeks! Hopefully that doesn't happen this time.

March 2 2012 B

I think the most fun part of wearing this outfit (after wearing this outfit) is that I am wearing it in a library. A girl with electric blue legs and platform stilettos is usually the last thing someone expects in a library. And I dig that. Because this life needs more whimsy. A world of grey is a dull world indeed! I hope you all have a super awesome weekend. Cheers!

5 comments:

Lori said...

I love this!!! Those shoes are amazing and what a great idea to layer dresses. I'm going to have to go through my closet and figure out how to do it :)

Sian Thomas said...

I am actually in love with this outfit!! The tights are so fun and the dresses layered over each other is such a great idea, and I'm glad you didn't pin the hem out the way because I think that adds something extra to the outfit!! Definitely one of my favourites of yours, you look amazing!! I love to do that too, surprise people in places like the library by not wearing what everyone else is wearing, jeans or sweatpants =D
xx

oomph. said...

haha, i take the minis to the library after work and get stared at for wearing my six inch dany platforms! actually, one of the "younger" librarians complimented me on them. i love the layering of your dresses...these two work well together.

i have this lingering cough, too. sucks.

[oomph.]

Annebeth said...

this is beautiful!! I thought it was one dress, they work great together!

Unknown said...

The way you layered this outfit is super creative. Nice!

Post a Comment