Thursday, July 4, 2013

Grow Garden Grow

I was very happy to find my very first red strawberry in my garden this Tuesday. All my tomato plants are covered in green tomatoes too, I'll be eating them soon enough. My potatoes are growing like mad and even the yellow beans, zucchinis and cucumbers are coming up well now. The only things that seem to be stunted and unchanged are my green pepper plants, but oh well! There's plenty of summer yet for them to grow bigger.

Garden July 2 F Garden July 2 B Garden July 2 A

I'm really looking forward to my ornamental corn growing big and tall. The stalks already have gorgeous colours - I was surprised that even their roots share the purple tint. This whole next week is going to be hot and sunny, so as long as I keep my plant-children well watered, they should grow grow grow!

Garden July 2 E
Garden July 2 CGarden July 2 D

While I hadan inkling that I would really enjoy gardening, it brings me more joy and satisfaction that I had imagined. I love watching the plants grow and change and mature. Watering them in the evenings in a wonderful time for me to commune with them - and yes, I am one of those people who baby-talks to their plants. "That's it little pretties! Drink up! Grow big now!" I hope you are all having a good start to your July. Cheers!

1 comments:

Nichole said...

Please update us on your garden's progress! I wish I could garden (I'm putting the intention out there–-maybe it will happen soon!), so I'm living vicariously through you!

Post a Comment