Monday, November 7, 2011

Leather Layers

Happy Monday everybody, I hope you're having a good one! How were your weekends? Mine was really nice. I cooked up a big batch of corn chowder, and then made way too many citrus butter cookies. And I worked on my zombie novel and made myself a necklace to match today's (that I am currently wearing, not posting) outfit.

Oct 19 2011 E
Jacket - Danier Leather
Dress - Purchased from Reluctant Damsel on Etsy
Boots - Some shop on Sparks Street

Oct 19 2011 B
Cardigan - Thrifted from Value Village
Shoes - From my grandmother

The first photo is walking-to-work-Cel, and the second is at-work-Cel. Work-Cel involves much less leather haha... I can't help it though, I love leather and most things made out of it. Speaking of which, these are my new (although now a few weeks old) leather boots! They rubbed the back of my right ankle raw the first few days but that seems to be all sorted out, and they are some good walking boots for me.

Oct 19 2011 C

I've been falling behind with my blog reading and blog commenting, which I mostly blame on NaNoWriMo. Must. Achieve. Daily word limit. Must not give up. My zombie novel seems to be going good so far though, and I got through the weekend while keeping my word count where it needed to be. I'd been worried the weekend would put a kink in things. But I had a really good writing session Sunday morning that saved my skin.

Oct 19 2011 D
Oct 19 2011 A

I used to write stories and tales all the time in my teens. I'm not really sure why I stopped, considering how much I enjoy doing this. I guess that's what NaNoWriMo is all about... getting people to start writing!

This isn't the greatest outfit. The dress has been posted about oodles of times before, my hair looks like crap and my face is all weird and I look horribly tired. But eh, sometimes, I just look like a tired, frazzled, frumpy person and that's all there is to it. At least I'm not wearing sweat pants!

I hope you all have a groovy week. Cheers!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

mmmm corn chowder sounds SO DELICIOUS right now. it's gotten colder in the last couple of weeks, and all I want to do is snuggle by the heater with something warm and hearty!

I love seeing the way you layer up for your walk to work, and then what you actually wear during the day. I've never been one to wear different shoes for my commute, mostly because I don't want to carry another pair with me... but I can see why it would be beneficial in more extreme climates than Northern California.

Annnnd I love that sunflower print. So reminds me of being 12 and obsessed with Drew Barrymore.

Glad to hear NaNoWriMo is going well! I've never been much of a creative writer, but much like cooking I definitely appreciate the trait in others!

Rebecca said...

Citrus butter cookies sound yummy.

Ashley said...

So 90s! Cute! I like it. I'm glad to hear that your novel is coming along well. I'm amazed by you, because I remember trying and doing so poorly. I'm sure it'll be great when it's finished!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend-mmm corn chowder and how neat that you're working on a novel! I love your skirt- such fun

oomph. said...

we all have our days, but i think you look just fine! those are some great boots! i'm still trying to find me some.

you should definitely keep up the writing. i love to write, too...but it's not that easy when you think about developing characters and plots. keep us posted!

yeah, my dog swims in her water bowl ALL the time, and is a sprinkler hog (when i put it on for the minis!)....but she sheds during the summer, so she was much lighter/cooler. this is her new "winter" coat that just came in.

[oomph.]
What's the next line? Help write the story!

Post a Comment