Thursday, May 12, 2011

Great skirt, not so great photos

So I'm still experimenting with where the best place to take photos is out on my terrace. And this place, not the right place at all. Of course the photos in my camera didn't look dark in comparison to the even more horribly dark photos from beforehand. And so I wound up with these, which is too bad because I am in total love with this outfit. I wore this back on Tuesday the 10th.

May 10 2011 F
Shrug - Thrifted from Value Village
Tank top - Hand me down
Skirt - Thrifted from Value Village
Shoes - Thrifted from Value Village
Sunglasses - Purchased at Young Jane's Vintage
Lizard pin - Gift

The skirt and shrug are both new thrifted purchases from this past Saturday. The shrug originally had two ribbons that you were supposed to use to tie it shut. I thought they looked like crap, removed them, and promptly pinned it together. Much better! Not to mention I can mix things up using different pins! And the skirt... I looove the skirt. I cannot express how much I love it. The pattern. The way it moves. The ruffle. The rickrack. Love!

May 10 2011 B
May 10 2011 C

I am really loving the warmer weather we're finally having... not simply because warmer weather is lovely, but because it means less outer layers! It feels easier for me to style outfits without having to worry about snow or slush. The ability to wear sandals outside to run errands is just wonderful!

May 10 2011 E
May 10 2011 D
May 10 2011 A

I plan on taking this outfit out for a photo shoot somewhere green and wild soon. I really want to get some better shots (the tank top is a dark brown, which you really can't tell here!) and wearing it is so fun. Too bad they're forecasting rain all weekend! I hope you're all doing well. Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment