Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hello World, I missed you!

As of late last evening, I am finally connected to the internet in my new apartment. Which means... outfit photos! This is actually what I wore to work Friday April 15th, before I had even moved. I have been in love with this outfit since, I just feel so Joan Harris in it. I've worn it once a week so far and would probably try getting away with it more often if I could. It just feels so ladylike, yet saucy. (Yes, saucy is the best descriptor I could come up with!)

April 15 2011 E
Blouse - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Skirt - Thrifted from Value Village
Shoes - Spring

I wore this skirt a lot in winter because it's thick and heavy and did a great job keeping me warm. But I was always pairing it with an itchy green sweater for some reason. Then with warmer weather, that sweater was way too hot so I impulsively chose the blouse. And it was like a light turned on and I could see! Why on earth had I not done this before!

I've actually had these shoes for years. I bought them back in 2009 I think, and barely wore them. Suddenly this year I've been gravitating toward them like a moth to the flame. They're super comfy and easy to walk in, and I think they're so cute. I think I was just too insecure to wear them much before.

April 15 2011 D
April 15 2011 A
April 15 2011 C

It was so lovely out when I took these photos too. The sun was warm and shining brightly and it just really felt like spring. (Now if only it would be like that again!) I've worn the blouse often enough before too but I think this is my favourite way to style it. And I am totally fine with re-wearing the same outfits over and over if I happen to love them. I am down with that.


There's another reason I really love this outfit though. I recently lost more weight (wee!) and these photos really drove that home to me. It might seem strange, but I just sort of didn't notice the change. It was so progressive and gradual, that it took me putting on last year's spring clothing and their being way too big before I realized the truth. I mean, I knew I weighed less. I just hadn't really noticed it yet.

My weight loss is bringing about some changes in my body, smaller clothing and bra sizes for one thing, that really need some getting used to for me. I'd always been the big girl with the large bosom and now that's a-changing. Have any of you lost a lot of weight? Did you have any difficulties adjusting your mental image of yourself to your new body?

I hope you're all having a great week! Cheers!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

welcome back to the interweb world! i love your wedges and that top is so fun:) yay!
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

oomph. said...

you look fabulous here, head to toe! congrats on the weight loss, it is definitely paying off. the shoes are great...no need to feel insecure in them!

rockoomph.blogspot.com

AgataP said...

love your blouse!

http://laughing-in-the-purple-rain.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment