Blouse - Thrifted from Value Village
Skirt - Yard Sale, $1
Belt - Ardene's
Purse - Aldo
Purse - Aldo
Sandals - Thrifted from Value Village
I bought this belt a while back but so far hadn't been able to find an outfit I was comfortable incorporating it into, but finally the time has come! I wanted something to break up the long expanse of brown in the top and this belt was perfect. I like the contrast between the belt's geometric woven pattern and the skirt's fluid floral.
You can't tell, but this skirt is huge. I could easily wrap it around myself twice and still have fabric to spare. I rarely wear it because it always winds up hanging on my hips - which is fine with me - except most of my tops are too short and I wind up with a flesh gap I just won't stand for! This new top is perfect to pair with it though and I know I'll be wearing this outfit more than once this summer.
I paid a whole $1 for those shell earrings!
Sunday was an absolutely beautiful day. It seems all our days are beautiful lately and I am so happy about that. I've had the patio door wide open letting in fresh air and sounds of the city in the evenings before bed. I doubt I'd be able to sleep with the door open - it's pretty noisy out there - but I love my terrace and knowing I can pop out there any time I like. The tree growing up from the sidewalk below is finally blooming and sprouting leaves and it's lovely having that in my view.


I was in a pretty good mood, and it was so cheery and sunny out, I couldn't resist snatching up a bouquet of flowers. I imagine most folks assumed they were for my mum, it being Mother's Day and all... But a girl should be allowed to randomly buy herself flowers! They do certainly add some cheer to my living space.
That pillow cover was crocheted by my grandmother, and the shawl draped over the other chair was knit by my mother. You can see my little jade plant back there too! He seems to be the only thing with roots I've managed not to murder. I named him Frank.
I'm excited for tomorrow's outfit post because this month I participated in the Paper Doll Project. I was paired with the lovely Louise from Coffee and a Cardigan. I can't wait to see her in the outfit I styled and I'm excited to share the outfit she styled for me too. Hope you're all have a great Tuesday. Cheers!






0 comments:
Post a Comment