Wednesday, May 18, 2011

This is how I thrift

Happy Wednesday everyone! The week is half done and it's a long weekend on the way. Plus, I booked Tuesday off so I get 4 glorious no-work days in a row. Sweet. Plus-plus I'm going fishing and I am super stoked for that. These photos are nothing special, just some quick shots I took of the outfit I wore thrifting back on May 7th. Yes, I wore vintage wooden platforms to thrift.

May 07 2011 E
Tank top - Fairweather
Skort - Sears
Shoes - Purchased at Funk your Junk

I wanted to be wearing clothes that were easy to change in and out of, and that would work well when trying on seperate tops and bottoms. And the shoes actually worked out great since I just had to slip them on and off, none of this laces or buckles business.

May 07 2011 C

I've been in love with these since I bought them. I paid $22 for them, which I think is a fair price. They are so fun and clompy. I think they're going to be best worn with socks from now though, my toes were chafed by the end of the day to say the least.

I really wanted to debut these babies on the blog with a super awesome outfit post. I clearly have fallen terribly short. But I'm still at a loss at to what to wear these with since they're rather a peculiar colour. I mean if I wore pants, I'd just throw some jeans on, but I don't. And none of my jean skirts are the right wash. Sigh.

May 07 2011 A
May 07 2011 B

I love how the studs are like little flowers, so cute. The leaf ring on my thumb is something I picked up at Aldo for $6. Within a few days of light wear, I'd already rubbed off the outer coating and it's now turning me green. I should know better than to buy junk jewelery already!

May 07 2011 D

I really need to put together a totally funky outfit for these platforms. They deserve to be showcased in awesomeness! Plus I just watched Dazed and Confused last night and all I want to do is dress like it's 1976, hehe. I hope you're all having a good week! Cheers!

5 comments:

two birds said...

those shoes are amazing! i always hate when i go thrifting and i forget to make sure my shoes are shopping ready. these are perfect!!

oomph. said...

cool rings! i hate when a pair of shoes or a belt is just a hair off the normal shade...but try not to think of "matching" it, per se...try it with a complementary color like you did here. blues or purples or even green??

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Kileen said...

oh i love all your rings. and very functional outfit for thrifting!

cute & little

bonfire of my vanity said...

nice stems!! and those shoes are sooo great. i love the color combo here.

Veronika Novotny said...

Lovely thrifting look and your shoes are absolutely adorable & funky, love the wooden heel. Yay, for thrift shopping days, always the best in my books. xx veronika

Post a Comment