Monday, May 16, 2011

I remember the sun... I think

It's been all gloom and rain and overcast skies here since Friday with no signs of things changing until at least next week. Oh sunshine, where did you go? I miss you. I want spring again! This is far too cold for mid-May, really now! These photos are from way back on April 24th (I knew backup outfit photos would come in handy). It was a nice warm sunny Sunday... come back, sunny Sundays!

April 24 2011 E
Dress - Thrifted from Value Village
Sweater - Thrifted from Value Village
Orange Top - Thrifted from Value Village
Sandals - Thrifted from Value Village
Purse - I can't quite remember

Can you tell I dig thrifting? I always love when my outfits wind up being totally thrifted (okay so not the purse). Something nice about knowing you saved oodles of money. I've actually gotten a few of my friends into thrifting now, so I might actually have thrifting buddies too!

April 24 2011 D

The rain on Friday put a damper on my friend's birthday festivities and I wound up not joining them to go dancing when I wasn't feeling too good. I did get to go out dancing on Saturday night though, to this awesome funk/reggae/rock/blues/awesomeness band called The Hammerheads. I've been to a few of their shows down at The Rainbow and it's always a good time and a great crowd ready to dance.

April 24 2011 AApril 24 2011 B

I snatched this purse up for $4 in the clearance section of a shop. It was discounted from $20 for fading since it had been displayed in the front window and the sun did its work. I didn't mind one bit and brought it home.

April 24 2011 C

I started playing Sims Medieval on Saturday afternoon and I have to admit I'm a bit addicted. I'm already a fan of the Sims games but this is so fun. You play the role of The Watcher (kind of the religious figure in the land) and you get to send your Heroes on quests to better the kingdom. I just finished a quest where the Blacksmith and the Priestess had to work together to forge a special blade blessed and imbued with the love of the Watcher. (maybe it sounds a little weird but I love it) Anywho, if you already dig the Sims, definitely check this out.

I hope you are all having a good Monday! Cheers!

3 comments:

bonfire of my vanity said...

Oh Mah Gah, i love this outfit SO MUCH. i love the yellow sweater and then i adore the pumpkin orange with the blue sunflower dress!!you look adorable, and i am already plotting a copycat outfit. thanks for the inspiration. great thrifting scores!

Kileen said...

what a great yellow sweater and you have some great thrifting finds!

cute & little

Ana said...

Gorgeous dress! You alwys find really great patterns.

I will NOT be checking out the Sims because I don't need another thing to be addicted to.

Post a Comment