I went down to the bank of the Ottawa river, near the River Parkway to go take these outfit photos a while back. I wound up being later than I had wanted, and hadn't thought about the light from the setting sun. And thus these pictures are all absolutely terrible. I'm actually wearing this exact outfit again right now, and I contemplated just waiting and re-taking some outfit photos tonight but... The outfit itself looks okay so eh. Just don't look at my face. And imagine I'm not so washed out and there isn't so much noise. Outfit photos are hit and miss, and this time, most of them were miss...
Tank top - Fairweather
Skirt - Thrifted from Value Village
Wedges - Chinese Laundry
I started off wearing the tank top over the skirt and spent a large part of the day that way. But then I realized I looked like a large boxy expanse of green and tucked it in. Which I think looks better, if not making me a little self-conscious about my tummy. So far this is the only way I've managed to style this skirt though, and I need to think of something new. It has such pretty embroidery, it needs to be worn more often.
That last photo here is so red because of the setting sun. I was taking photos by the side of a bike path and people kept giving me the oddest stares. I did feel pretty silly, wearing these shoes out in the middle of a park, but ah well. I'm learning which public places make the better spots to take photos.
It would also appear I managed to photograph a spirit? Or so many people believe. It's said that the little globes and fuzzy spheres in photos are spirits. I haven't the foggiest what that white dot is but I don't seem too pleased about it, heh. By this point I was just getting frustrated with the bad photos and wanted things to be over.
At least I got one nice photo of the setting sun on the river, and one satisfactory photo of myself. Some guy was kayaking on the river and decided he was going to come ashore right where I was taking these photos. Awkward much?
And before I wrap things up, I'd like to give a super huge thanks to Suze from
Miss Vinyl Ahoy. I entered a giveaway she was hosting a little while ago, and I wound up winning an iPod, how cool is that! I should hope most of you already know her blog, but if not, go check it out! She's got great style and fantastic personality and her blog is a great read. Cheers!
4 comments:
cute outfit, you look pretty!
love your skirt...the print is so cute. and these photos aren't bad at all! :)
i absolutely LOVE the print of this skirt and "golden hour" is actually the best time to take photographs! it is a little trickier though to find locations where the lighting is the best...
and congrats on winning the giveaway!!
cute & little
TJMaxx Satchel Giveaway!
love the last shot...everything is just perfect. wow...congrats on getting that ipod!!!
[oomph.]
Blogaversary Giveaway
Post a Comment