Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Slithering Snakes

Apart from my obvious love of spiders (I have a spider tattoo and 8 pet tarantulas for example) I also have a love of reptiles, and snakes in particular (okay, most reptiles). That flows right into snake print! I'm a sucker for snake print, in any colour. I actually own a 14 foot snake skin very much like this dress.

Dress - Thrifted from Value Village
Shoes - Spring
Belt - Ardene's

I thrifted this ages ago, back in the heat of high summer, and I've only been able to wear it recently at the end of August and it was really still too hot for it then. The sleeves are actually way too long, and I wear them rolled up on themselves, otherwise my hands would be eaten by the sleeve-snakes. I couldn't resist the weight of the fabric and the pointy collar though, so mine it is!


I rarely wear these shoes, as much as I like them. The zipper detail on the sides winds up pressing uncomfortably on my pinkie toes, which makes them rare-wear only unless I want to do my toes some serious damage. These shoes plus the dress combined made me feel very corporate 80's. The dress even had shoulder pads at one point but I quickly snipped those out. I do not need any help accenting my already-broad shoulders, thank you very much.

Aug 29 2011 B
I snatched up this spider pin at a little shop in a mall as I was running about doing errands. I got pulled in by snake-bangles but left with this instead. I already own several spider broaches (I'm wearing another today actually) but there's no way I'll ever have too many.

Aug 29 2011 E
Aug 29 2011 A

I have been living on mixed vegetable salads and pizzas like these for most of the summer. I make enough one night to last me several suppers, to avoid cooking in the heat. Plus pizza is actually really good for you if you do it right. I like to layer all my vegetables toppings twice over, beneath and on top of the cheese. That with a heaping side salad and I'm pretty happy with my meals.


The package with my shoes from Lulu's was apparently processed for delivery here in the city this morning. I'm hoping today is the day I get my hands on my new sandals and shoes for work! Receiving packages in my building just makes me so nervous. I've had mishaps in the past, not to mention the buzzer console is currently on the fritz and there's nowhere safe for a delivery man to leave his slip. Fingers crossed!

I hope you're all having a good week so far and that all is well. Cheers!

7 comments:

Annebeth said...

that pizza looks scrumptious and you look so sophisticated! very elegant for work :-) and you should totally go check out flowerbomb!

Rebecca said...

I hope your new stuff comes soon. Waiting for packages is fun.

oomph. said...

i love this! i'm actually wearing my snake skin dress today, too!! so cute with the spider pin! you made the pizza? looks delish!

[oomph.]
Blogaversary Giveaway

Bonnie said...

Give me this dress. Seriously. It's ferocious, and I adore it.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Vanessa said...

While I cannot share your enthusiasm for spiders or for snakes, I have to say that pizza looks delicious.

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Great dress! I love that spider pin. =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Gorgeous heels, too bad they aren't very comfortable... And that pizza looks SO delicious, I just love homemade pizza, great taste and actually healthy food!

Post a Comment