Thursday, September 22, 2011

We're Always Learning

I took these photos back on September 10th, less than two weeks ago, but it seems like forever. I'm still coping with the recent changes in my life and trying to deal with the way I see things now. My decisions are based on new facts, and I'm having a hard time walking away from a lifetime of habit and belief.

I won't discuss matters in detail, but the next few months will involve me distancing myself from people that I have come to realize are negative and poisonous aspects in my life. It's not their fault, and I still love them dearly, but it's finally time for me to walk away and let them clean up their own mess. Because I'm not letting it spill over into my life too.

Skirt - Purchased from Ragtime Vintage
Top - Garage sale find, gift from my mother
Shell earrings - Gifts

It was raining outside, and I figured I'd take the opportunity to try and find a suitable indoor photo-taking area. I've taken some shots in my animal room before, but it wasn't quite what I wanted (plus I'd rather not disturb my zoo with the camera flash). This area outside my kitchen (behind the beaded curtains) and on the way into my living area seems like it will fit the bill quite nicely though.

Sept 10 2011 A

I'm a little frustrated with myself after receiving a few recently-purchased dresses in the mail. I apparently have shrunk again, because the dresses I thought would fit - using the sizes from the last time I measured myself not so long ago - are rather big on me. I'm hoping I'll be able to just have them taken in though, it looks like it should be relatively easy to do. Now I just need to measure myself again and see what size I am this time... I never thought I'd wish I were bigger so I could fit into something! (And speaking of shrinking, this skirt is actually folded over and sewn back onto itself just so I can keep wearing it!)

Sept 10 2011 C

I'm going to be away at my parents' this weekend again, but I expect to be home a lot more for the foreseeable future, which will likely increase my posting regularity. It'll be nice to not go anywhere for a while, gotta say. I've been stressed and running around like a headless chicken for weeks now and it needs to be over already. This ostrich just wants to stick her head in the sand and pretend like nothing else is out there.

Time is the only thing that's going to help me deal with things now, but I know I'll be alright. I just want to give a giant thank you to Heather though, your comment on my other post meant so much! I really am lucky and blessed, I just have to remember that.

I am thankful for each and every one of you who takes the time to read and comment on my blog, it really does mean a lot. I hope you are all having an absolutely wonderful Thursday, and that this finds you well. Cheers!

11 comments:

Ki said...

I hope you are having a great day as well! Sometimes, all you need is a little distance from negativity and drama and a really pretty skirt to make your day! :)

Zoƫ Kate said...

You look lovely in this outfit! I wish you the best in overcoming these new challenges in your life. Sometimes it really is the best thing to just take space and put distance between yourself and negative, hurtful people, even if those people are family.

xo
ZK
www.glitter-and-ink.blogspot.com

oomph. said...

this is a really pretty skirt! the color and length are perfect!

i don't wish these feelings on anyone, but time truly does heal all. let's just hope time passes quickly :) take care.

[oomph.]

bonfire of my vanity said...

damn gina! you look amazing! i love this outfit. that skirt is so awesome and you look like a bombshell with that tiny little waist. great color mixing.

Vanessa said...

Hope things work out well for you!
(and I like this skirt, a lot!)

Rebecca said...

Sorry that you are going through some tough stuff. Have a lovely and relaxing weekend!

Milla said...

Oh I'm sorry you're experiencing some disillusioning moments, but your attitude and heart seem to be in the right place. You are right, we are always learning and sometimes the lessons are rather hard, but in the end, good. I hope it is so for you dear. At least you look lovely. I'm loving these long skirts you got going on. I've been looking for the right one forever and you're just egging me on. Hope you have a lovely, calm and strength-giving weekend.

Anonymous said...

I hate realizing that people you've had on a pedestal for a long time didn't deserve that kind of respect. And realizing that some people, no matter how great they are and how much you love them, can still suck all of the positivity out of you just by being around them.

You look lovely here :) the skirt is divine. Good luck with your changes
Amy xo

Emma said...

gorgeous skirt and loving the colour of your top

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

We all, at several points in our lives, have to adopt the ostrich position and learn to enjoy one's own company again. I have been doing so for quite a long time (two years!) and I'm about ready to step out once again and see what the world looks like. I suffer from depression and a friend told me recently that the nature of the illness can provide a great opportunity to be creative. And she's right! I've found my style, I'm making stuff I love, I'm living under a roof with the one's I love in a way that is right for now. In a way I am happy for you that you've come to the realisation that you can pull everyone out of their messes, but sad that means distancing a loved one. xoxo

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

** oops "can't" pull everyone out of their messes! ** BTW you are the amazing shrinking woman and yes, the tape measure is your new friend:)). I love the drape of your top, you look so lovely in blue and I'm coveting your dresser in the background! xo

Post a Comment