Monday, July 4, 2011

Because It Was Raining

We're either scorching to death in the sun here, or hiding from torrential downpours and thunder storms. Many parts of Ottawa and surrounding towns have undergone flooding in the last few weeks. I am very thankful for living on the 2nd floor of a building up on a hill. So if the worst of it for me means taking indoor photos with flash during a power-out, so be it!

June 28 2011 D
Top - Fairweather
Skirt - Fairweather
Sandals - Thrifted from the Salvation Army

I bought this blouse way back in 2008 when I started my first office job. I don't wear it all that often, but it was the only thing I could think of pairing with this skirt that would be office-appropriate.

June 28 2011 B

I love these sandals. I thrifted them for $7 and they're so fun. The strap is a little tight around my ankle, but nothing I can't live with, and they're surprisingly comfortable for something with such thin strips to press into my feet.

June 28 2011 A

This skirt is lined but it's still pretty much transparent. I felt a little bare at work but I was desperate for what to wear until I got laundry done. Not too sure I'll be wearing it to work again unless it's with a longer top.

And frankly, it's best worn where I can prance about and enjoy its flounciness to the full. I mean, what a waste if I can't spend all day spinning about, right?

June 28 2011 C

I have some great shots of a yet-to-be-posted thrifted dress from a few weeks back, and some colourful eye shadow I've been letting loose with lately. I'm trying to decide if I want to organize some scheduled posts for my two weeks vacation or not. I don't think anyone will notice my absence, it seems everyone is busy as bees these days.

I hope you all had (or are having) a great weekend! Cheers!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

love that skirt! and, I agree that flounciness is most fun when it can be enjoyed to the fullest :)

oomph. said...

FABulous skirt! i've been wanting one of these for summer! this is a great outfit, and those colorful shoes add just the right amount of oomph!

rockoomph.blogspot.com

ClosetConfections said...

Lovely skirt, and I'm digging those sandals. What a great thrift store find. Best of luck braving the flood conditions.

Kendra
Closet Confections - A Sweet Little Fashion Blog

Post a Comment