I imagine this probably seems wasteful to some, but I really can't wait to just spend a lot of time lazing about with my boyfriend, playing with his kitties and watching too many zombie movies. When you've been away for 8 months from someone you love, you pretty much wind up content just being around them, and don't much care what you actually do. And hey, if you aren't comfortable and happy just existing around your partner, there's probably something wrong.
Dress - Thrifted from Value Village
Sandals - Thrifted from Value Village
I thrifted this dress a few weekends ago and I'm so happy with how these photos turned out! It was a lovely July 1st and I was visiting my parents for Canada Day. It was warm, sunny and there was just enough of a light breeze to keep us all comfortable.
This was one of those few days where I had nothing to do, nowhere to go. No obligations, no demands, no responsibilities. I enjoyed it very thoroughly, because that doesn't happen often when I go visit.
It's funny, because a year ago, had you told me I'd be wearing white clothes, I'd have told you you were crazy. And yet here I am, rocking a white dress. And admittedly loving the thing to bits. It helps that I am actually kinda tan now and my limbs don't just fade into the fabric hah.
I also had fun with my makeup that day. This is another of those things with which I've only recently started experimenting. I've been wearing my makeup the same way literally for years. Suddenly I'm all about colourful eyeshadows. Too bad I feel inappropriate doing my makeup like this for work or I might actually get good at it!
You won't be hearing much from me for the next 2 weeks, although I do have 3 scheduled posts that should be popping up sometime between now and my return. And if I remember to bring my camera cord, maybe I can get some posts written up while my boyfriend naps (dude is like his cats, naps a lot).
I hope you all have a great weekend! Cheers!








6 comments:
I personally adore white dresses and you look like an angel! loving the beautiful make up too, I suck at make up :D
okay, you plus that dress plus the day of no obligations and lovely summery weather... sounds blissful.
as does two weeks of hanging with your honey :) one of my favorite tim mcgraw songs goes "all I wanna do is let it be and be with you and watch the wind blow by" and "I've been barefootin' all day with my baby", which sounds just like what y'all will be doing :) yay summer lovin'!
p.s. totally diggin' the eye shadow.
your make up is so pretty..i love the colors. and you look great in this white dress! i used to call it comfortable silence, being with someone, not even having to say anything, but just being around each other, in the same house...love that point in a relationship. although you guys will probably have lots to say being away for 8 months! have a fabulous time! take lots of pics!
rockoomph.blospot.com
Aw, your make up is lovely and the dress is so cute! Perfect for summer! xo
Your makeup is fantastic, the colors are gorgeous! And your dress is super cute, I adore the design =)
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/
That dress looks amazing on you! So pretty! Loving the multi-colored toe polish too :)
Yay, hope you're enjoying lots of snuggle time with your honey!
Post a Comment