I know attending music festivals is "in" but this isn't your typical music festival. This is like entering another world. A land where time does not exist, every face is a friendly face, and you will be blown away by the things you see.
For five days and four nights, hundreds and hundreds of free spirits mingle here in this beautiful place. Lush green fields, thriving forest and flowing river surround us all in an embrace. We dance the nights away and welcome the rising sun with shuffling feet and blissful smiles.
And I mean hey, someone brought a giant game of Jenga!
How awesome are these folks?!
How awesome are these folks?!
And then of course there's the free hooping workshop, and the palm reading workshop and the tarot card reading workshop... all of which I want to try and attend! Plus this year, the festival is providing us with free UV glow paint and giant transparent plastic flowers and butterflies. Once we paint them, they will be put up around the main stage.
She found this lost baby bird on the forest floor, and kept it with her throughout the festival, keeping it fed and keeping it safe.
So much lovely body-art to be seen! So many artists!
Plus there's all the amazing fire dance displays, knife juggling, belly dancing... well, you get the idea. It's an awesome far out festival! I can't wait to join all these crazy dancing people again.
These photos do not properly communicate the feeling of being here though. You can really feel the difference, the vibe is friendly and welcoming. There is love in the air! This is my 3rd year attending Motion Notion, and I absolutely adore it. Life altering it can be.
Have any of you been to this type of festival? Heading to any sort of giant festival yourself this summer? I hope to share lots of photos this year, but I meant to do the same the year prior and I got barely any at all hah. We'll see!
Hope you're all having a good day, cheers!











7 comments:
that looks like so much fun! kinda reminds me of what I've heard about burning man. I've never been to this type of festival, but I think I'd like it!
Now this looks like my kind of festival - hope you have a truly wonderful and inspiring time.
Ahhhh this looks really interesting and unique. SO not my scene, but still very interesting and I can see why you and so many others attend! I'm excited to see the pictures you take. Make sure you take some now, we're counting on it! ;)
That sounds amazing!
wow! this sounds amazing! i want to go!!! make sure to take lots of pictures!
I loveeee festivals!!! They are easily my favorite part of summer. I always go to a festival called Sasquatch which I'm sure you've heard of :) YAY! I haven't been this year...but I'm looking forward to a few concerts! Woohoo!
I've never been, buy it looks liberating. Thanks for sharing the photos and feel free to drop by me too, soon.
Post a Comment