Friday, July 29, 2011

Dead Batteries and Dinner

Because I walk to work, I really need to dress for the weather. Since it's been so ridiculously HOT here, a tank top for the walk was a must. However, I went through the effort of changing back into my long sleeved shirt to take some outfit photos in what I had actually worn at work. And then my batteries died. And my spares were also dead. Oh the woes of using rechargeable batteries and then forgetting to charge them upon returning from a trip... woops...

July 28 2011 B
Tank top - Fairweather
Long sleeved top (next) - Thrifted from Value Village
Skirt - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Platforms - Vintage, purchased at Funk your Junk

I'd feel waaay too underdressed and like I was revealing far too much skin showing up to work like I look above, so I just walked to work in the tank top, and then switched over to the long sleeves + scarf once at the office. I usually try to avoid having to change during the day, but at this point I'm a bit outfit-desperate and I caved.

July 28 2011 A

This was literally the only photo of myself and the scarf I was able to snap before my batteries died. That little scarf is usually just knotted to the handle on the back of the animal-room door but I needed a little something-something to add to the outfit and wearing it loosely draped wound up working out.

I'm going thrifting with some folks tonight, hopefully I can snatch up more non-boring work wear. I keep losing weight, and half my clothes are too big again. I'd really need to go through my whole wardrobe again and purge everything that doesn't fit, but I haven't the time to do that right now. Not to mention, who wants to be trying on clothes in 30'C heat?

July 28 2011 C

And in keeping with yesterday's post where I shared my waffle whipped cream breakfast, here's what I made myself for dinner two nights in a row now. It's my lazy, not-quite-right take on Vietnamese bun. Just some steamed broccoli and shrimp with some rice noodles. Simple, quick, easy. Just what I need when it's so hot! Plus, steamed shrimp are pretty much guilt-free food so I can eat them happily.

Is there anything you eat/cook/order takeout specifically when it's hot? I know if I were swimming in money, I'd just order this from a restaurant, but since I can do this at home, I force myself to. Good for me and my wallet!

My weekend, which I had hoped would be empty and relaxing, now looks like it is going to be jam packed. Thrifting tonight, hiking and beach tomorrow, with possibility of an evening art show, and then a picnic and more beach time Sunday with the possibility of a high-school-friend dinner. I will consider Monday my day of recuperation. Hopefully.

Cheers!

7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I really like that floral skirt you have! It's so cute and summery!

Paulie Antiques said...

ha ha ha! you are so right about the shoes! I got them on sale for only 100! I guess that's how I can still afford them.. thrift everything else! Your comment made me giggle.. thank you :)

love, polly

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

ooh I love the shoes so much and your skirt is scrumptious! I hope you have a wonderful weekend hon:)) xo

Anonymous said...

♥

I love your post and blog so much!!!.))

I need your help. I spend another survey but this time with another question.
"Where do you prefer to shop? What is your favorite shopping center?"

♥

Annebeth said...

you don't look too bare to me, the skirt is perfect and the top is summery but still modest :) lovely! and the clogs are AWESOME

I always go for salads or bread when it's superhot outside, something with tuna or avocado!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

I love the orange clogs! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Vanessa said...

I like this look with the long-sleeved shirt! It's an unusual color pairing for summer!

Post a Comment