Monday, October 24, 2011

Double the Snake Print

Yes. Of all the shoes in my closet, I chose to pair my snake print flats with my snake print dress blouse. Because I am just crazy like that. But I thrifted this grey skirt a few weeks ago and haven't been able to figure out how to style it with anything else but grey. And I have a lot of grey snake print stuff. So thar ya go. I just never realized how little grey I actually wear anymore, and it's rather awkward for me figuring it out again.

Oct 11 2011 E
Dress as blouse - Thrifted from Value Village
Skirt - Thrifted from Value Village
Flats - Spring
Belt - Ardene's

I took these photos on October 10th, but my tree is now mostly naked. Which is a shame, because that maple tree serves as awesome window-camouflage to keep folks in the street from seeing into my apartment. I've got huge sliding patio doors looking right into my living room, it's like a Cel-fishbowl.

This outfit really isn't all that flattering on me, and I probably won't wear it again. At least not with flats. Heels would have been a better choice, since I look very short here. But at least it was comfy. Now to figure out how to style this skirt with something involving colour...

Oct 11 2011 C
Oct 11 2011 A
Oct 11 2011 D

I've come to the conclusion that I like my skirt hems at granny-length. I have a few shorter skirts and dresses, but anything higher than just above my knee starts to make me feel inappropriate. Unless I'm wearing leggings, because then that just negates the whole naked-feeling. (But leggings are still not pants, let us not forget!)

Oct 11 2011 B

I'm in love with my hair in this last photo. I tend to have more bad hair days than good, but sometimes my hair just really makes me happy. Too bad most of my good hair days wind up on the rainy/windy days and it gets all fussed up the minute I go outside. Le sigh.

The Zombie Walk on Saturday was a blast. I had such a killer time, and I'm already excited for next year. Then Sunday I just stayed home, played video games, took in one of my too-big skirts and just relaxed. I hope you all had a really groovy weekend too. Cheers!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I hear you on the granny length - it's my favorite! Gray is my favorite neutral... it works with SO many things... I tend to gravitate towards pairing it with purple, but I've seen yellow done with it really well too.

The leaves on that tree were gorgeous! So sad they have to fall so quickly.

Sian Thomas said...

I was just about to say how much I loved your hair in the last one, but you said it first!! I can understand about the longer lengths skirts now too, although I'm not quite ready to give up my short skirts yet =D And snake on snake print is awesome, and apparently very in this season!! You should pretty much just wrap yourself in your snakes...uber fashionable =D!!
xx

Rebecca said...

The prints look nice together. I usually save my short skirts for tights/leggings weather, because I feel odd wearing short things with bare legs.

Unknown said...

very cute prints...you've got a great style!

anne said...

yes! your hair looks great in that last shot. i like it in front of your shoulders. i don't think i realized how long it was.
love the grey. and i'm not a short dress/skirt kinda gal either :D

Post a Comment