Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thrift Miracle

Honestly, the Thrift Gods were bestowing their good luck and powers on me when I found this cardigan at Value Village. I was already there with cardigans in mind, but I never imagined I'd find this leopard print jewel! The only reason I think whoever owned it donated it... was because one sleeve's seam was coming undone and I had to sew about 8 inches of it back together once I brought it home. Good as new!

Sept 15 2011 E
Red top - Fairweather
Cardigan - Thrifted from Value Village
Skirt - Thrifted from Value Village
Shoes - Lulus.com

I love that this cardigan has self-fabric ties, perfect for accenting my waist. I'm having a lot of fun remixing this cardigan though, and even once leopard print "goes out of style" if that's really possible, I will still keep rocking it. I'm just going to resist pairing it with my matching heels heh.

Sept 15 2011 D
Sept 15 2011 A

These are the shoes I mentioned purchasing back at the end of August. While they are a smidge big, they're really comfortable and easy to walk in. I'd probably have ordered half a size down if I'd known though.

Sept 15 2011 B

They just make me feel very Joan Harris. I just love feeling like Joan Harris. Is it clear that I absolutely adore and love Joan Harris? Le sigh. Anyway! I took these photos back on September 15th, I am so behind. It's going to get awkward once it's snowing out and I'm still posting Fall outfit photos.

Sept 15 2011 C

Things are pretty quiet on the home front right now and I quite like it that way. It's been very cold and rainy here - despite everywhere else seemingly being in the throws of an early Indian Summer - and so it's been conducive of hiding indoors in my jammies and drinking hot coffee.

I stayed in all of Sunday and the cat quite enjoyed that. He misses me when I'm gone! It's nice to be missed, even if it is just by a cat. I hope you're all having a good week so far, and a great day. Cheers!

12 comments:

Chelsea said...

That cardigan is so fabulous! My favorite print... which honestly never really goes out of style, as long as it's done tastefully. Am I right? And whatever... we'll both be rocking leopard print forever so it will always be in style to us!

I am loving those heels... very Joan Harris (though I still think of her as Joan Holloway and haven't forgiven her dick of a husband for being horrible a few seasons ago).

All in all, you look fabulous, and it sounds like quiet time at home has been rejuvenating :)

Ki said...

The cardigan is so chic! :-)

oomph. said...

you certainly found a GEM! this leopard sweater is fabulous...you KNOW i love it!! and the shoes...WHERE did you get them? i love the heel on them! do tell :)

[oomph.]
You're Invited: fall in love with mark.

Annebeth said...

oooh so chic, and versatile too! I imagine it looking awesome with some jeans and boots or over a dress, very lovely :)

Rebecca said...

That's a cute cardigan, and I like the idea of a thrifting miracle.

bonfire of my vanity said...

cute!

Unknown said...

One of my two cats is like a dog- he meets me at the front door when I get home from work and follows me around- he's quite the attention whore! I LOVE this cardigan- whta a great find from Value Village!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhmygracious! You look so lovly dear! I adore this outfit you have posted: Makes me smile:]

Follow me, I'll follow back if ya wish? ;]
http://distantdreamer-sarah.blogspot.com/

Vanessa said...

Love the rounded toe of those pumps. That's my favorite shoe-shape of the moment. And, good fix on the cardi. It looks good as new with the stitches!

noone said...

the leopard looks great on you I like how it's also so fitting around the waist! this is a cute look :D

Annalise said...

I love leopard print so of course I love your cardigan. Cute with the shoes!!
XOXO

squidword said...

you are so perfect and stylish!! following your blog!!

Post a Comment