Sunday, October 10, 2010

Canadian Turkey Day

I always found it funny that Thanksgiving in the US and in Canada fall on such different dates. Ours is in October, while the American holiday is - correct me if I'm wrong - in December. Either way... Turkey Day! Well. Chicken day for my family, because frankly, 3 people cannot eat that much turkey, even over a longer period of time, without some sort of turkey overdose. And I'm not all that fond of turkey in the first place. Anyway, outfit photos!

Oct 10 2010 A
Skirt - Purchased at Ragtime Vintage
Tank top - Fairweather for $5
Wool Vest - Thrifted from the Salvation Army

For some reason, my camera refused to not make me glow like some ghostly figure, and so I now appear extremely pale. I swear I'm not that pasty! I tried everything I could think of but to no avail, pasty white did my camera wish me to be today.

Oct 10 2010 C

The unfortunate thing about my wool vest, is that when I purchased it, I didn't think to check what it was made from... And so I threw it in the dryer, and out it came, itty bitty. And so I can't button it up anymore. Thankfully it had originally been rather large on me, that being the only thing allowing me to still wear it now that it has shrunk. Lesson learned: Just because it's from a thrift store doesn't mean it has been in the dryer.

Oct 10 2010 B


Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians! Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment