Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pink Lake and my Leather Jacket

Okay, this post is going to be huge and photo heavy, so be prepared! I brought my parents for a short hike around Pink Lake in Gatineau Park today, and took a ton of gorgeous photos. I had to share them with you, since it's so beautiful. And there are so many more I won't be posting! But before I dive into photos from the hike... outfit photos!

Oct 19 2010 A
Shirt - Thrifted from the Value Village
Skirt - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
(Kitty tail - My cat Caramel)

Oct 19 2010 B
Leather Jacket - Danier Leather

My mother and I were at the Bayshore Shopping Centre last evening when I decided to go check out the leather jackets. I already own one, but having lost a lot of weight since original purchase, it's now way too large. And luck would have it, a sale was on, and I got my leather jacket for $200 instead of $500! Happy me!

Oct 19 2010 N
Pink Lake

I first visited Pink Lake in June of this year, with some friends of mine. I brought my parents a few weeks later, and we decided to return come fall, to admire the colours. That's what we did today.

Oct 19 2010 M

Oct 19 2010 L

Oct 19 2010 K

Oct 19 2010 J
The graffiti made me laugh... so random!

Oct 19 2010 I
Somewhere sits the beaver that did this!

Oct 19 2010 H
These trees were growing straight out from the near vertical rock face!

Oct 19 2010 G
Amazing, as we could see no dirt.

Oct 19 2010 F
The colour of the water is so green!

Oct 19 2010 E
A cute little pond area off to the side.

Oct 19 2010 D
Forest path we walked...

Oct 19 2010 C
Amazing oranges and yellows!

Oct 19 2010 X

Oct 19 2010 Y

This next photo is really cool. There were quite a few trees that people have carved into, words and names and dates... This one tree had carvings so old that they had healed over, and the tree was growing bark around the old wounds, creating raised letters in its bark.

Oct 19 2010 W

Oct 19 2010 U
My parents :)

Oct 19 2010 V
Spider gloves!

Oct 19 2010 T

Oct 19 2010 S

Oct 19 2010 R

Oct 19 2010 Q

Oct 19 2010 P

Oct 19 2010 O

And that's all folks! Thanks for hanging in this far! Cheers!

1 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

your parents are so cute and jolly! and what an amazingly beautiful place...that WATER!!! gorgeous. thanks for sharing this day.

Post a Comment