Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday Thrifting

After a renewed vow not to wear pants anymore - a pair I'd wanted to wear today are now far too large - I decided my winter/cool weather wardrobe definitely needed some beefing up. My mother and I went to another Salvation Army, this one off St-Laurent boulevard (and strangely not listed on their website). I forgot to bring my camera but there wasn't much to see, just the standard cluttered and messy Sally Anne. Not to mention there only being two change rooms and having to wait around to try things on. Anyhow. Outfit photos!

Oct 2 2010 B
Skirt - Purchased at Young Jane's Vintage in Ottawa
Shirt - Smart Set
Socks - Fancy Sox

Oct 2 2010 C
I'm really starting to dig the whole high-waisted thing.

Oct 2 2010 A
You can't really tell in the other photos, but the socks are actually deep navy blue and dark green. The skirt is blue, green and brown on a pale yellow.

I was lucky enough to score a few things thrifting today, including a cute dress. I didn't get any descent photos of the dress - you'll see it in its own post soon enough anyway - but I did get photos of the skirt and shoes I bought. The skirt is a wonderful thick wool, heavy and long, which will be great for winter.

Oct 2 2010 DI've always been a sucker for plaids.

Oct 2 2010 E

I also picked up these lovely little suede ankle boots. They're American Eagle brand and look completely unworn! I'll just have to make certain to wear them before it gets all wet and miserable outside again... these are definitely not wet weather friendly!

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! Cheers!

1 comments:

anne said...

great finds! i love high waisted skirts as well :D

Post a Comment