
I've owned this pair of moccasins probably for a good 6 or 7 years now, and they still look like new. The reason for this being that I have barely ever worn them. They're made from real leather, and do not breathe well at all and when I'd first purchased them, had the unfortunate chance of walking barefoot in them near sand... Sandy, chafing, hot sweaty feet = very unpleasant.
I tend to forget about them entirely unless I'm in my closet and near my shoe racks to see them. I just happened to be having a shoe dilemma today and my moccasins were perfect. I stuck some fluffy socks on my feet to protect the tootsies and off I went. They were very comfortable like that, and I wore them out to do groceries.
Wool Sweater - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Tank Top - $5 at Fairweather
Skirt - Purchased at a garage sale for $1
Moccasins - Some native themed gift store up in North Ontario
The sun seems to have decided to grace us with its presence again after more rain, and it's supposed to be seasonably warm and sunny the next few days. I can just hope this weather is still holding come September 23rd, because that's the day for the annual Ottawa Zombie Walk. I can tell you from experience that wandering around as the un-dead in cold sleet is very unpleasant. Not to mention so much fun is taken out of the whole thing when you wind up covering your zombie get up with a rain slick!

Cheers!

1 comments:
i love your moccasins!
and i big thanks for the translation :D i do not speak french :( the card is actually from your neck of the woods! it was sent to my step mom by a french hermit nun whom she is friends with in canada. i thought it was so lovely that i had to share it.
Post a Comment