Monday, October 11, 2010

Granny Cel and the Gatineau Hills!

I apparently equate warmth with dressing like the elderly. Everybody who sees my sweater calls it my "granny sweater" or asks what old lady I mugged to get it :p I still love it though, it's warm and comforting to snuggle into.

Oct 11 2010 A
Sweater - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Skirt - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Shoes - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Tank Top - Fairweather for $5
Socks - Fancy Sox

There are better photos of the blue and green socks in this post, where I mention buying the skirt. And of course my sweater has oft been seen before, and will likely often be seen in the future. I seem to be wearing it nearly all the time now, for lack of anything better to keep warm.

Oct 11 2010 J

My parents and I went out to Gatineau Park today, to admire the beautiful fall colours. I actually started off the day wearing jeans and a band t-shirt, since we might have been going for a bit of a hike and it was a bit chilly.

Oct 11 2010 I

Of course this only renewed my hatred of pants and I quickly changed into the featured outfit soon as we got home. But at least now I have a renewed desire to go hunting for winter friendly items this week!

Oct 11 2010 H

I have literally dozens of differently coloured tank tops, and about half a dozen men's band t-shirts. The first do nothing to keep me warm and certainly lack feminine appeal, while the later I barely wear at all anymore, being left-overs from my more tom-boy styled years.

Oct 11 2010 G

We wound up going for a quick turn on the ski lifts up one of the hills. They had the lifts running and people with heavy duty off-road bicycles would ride them up to the top, with bikes hanging on the lifts, and then ride their bikes down, and go right back up again on the lift.

Oct 11 2010 D

Oct 11 2010 F
A biker on a jump!

Oct 11 2010 E

The view was absolutely fantastic, and the colours of the leaves were gorgeous. It was just a fluke we even passed the ski lift too, because we'd accidentaly gone in the wrong direction and that's how we saw it was running. We got lucky!

Oct 11 2010 C

We also saw some deer when driving home later this evening. They really like the farmer's fields and you can sometimes see dozens of them by the treeline.

Oct 11 2010 B

The park was jam packed what with Thanksgiving weekend, but it was still a fantastic drive, and the ski lift ride was a real treat. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment