Monday, November 22, 2010

Freezing Rain and Gypsies

I drove home on slick roads last night, freezing rain falling from the sky. There was crust on my windshield and windows. I slid and fell on the sidewalk walking to my front door. Oh winter, you creep ever closer!

Nov 22 2010 B
Dress - Purchased from Heather's Moonshine Junkyard.
Black Shirt - Smartset
Tights - Who knows?
Leg Warmers - Ardene's 3 for $10

Nov 22 2010 A

I really dig wearing my leather jacket with this outfit... I sort of feel like I should be on the set for The Craft or something haha... It's a fun mix of feminine and tough, something of which I'm always a fan. I'm also having oodles of fun layering my lighter summer pieces with warmer stuff for winter like this. Multiple use wardrobe for the win!

And on a completely different note... I'd like to talk about a book I just finished reading. It is The Gypsies by Jan Yoors. It was first published in 1967, and is the real account of a boy who at the age of 12 ran off to live with the gypsies. He lived with them until the age of 18, throughout the 30's. If ever you have been interested in gypsies, their way of life... This book is amazing, a fantastic insider's account, and I found it very moving.

There's some strange appeal to me in the life of a Gypsy. Never having a permanent home, always traveling, changing groups... It was certainly a hard life, but one that seems better to me than that many of us now live. In touch with nature, under the sky... I highly suggest you read this book, it's definitely now one of my favourite reads.

I hope you're all having a good start to the week, Cheers!

3 comments:

Harlow Darling said...

Gorgeous dress, and I agree, it really does look like an outfit inspired by The Craft :P

Missa said...

Yes, I have that book, it's wonderful!

moonshinejunkyard said...

Aw, the dress really looks great on you! And now I have to look into that book, sounds right up my alley.

Post a Comment