As you can imagine, I was not a happy camper when I found out last evening that the technician had not properly done his job connecting me. I was told it would be another 1-4 days before another technician could come over and "repair" what the initial guy had not been able to do correctly in the first place. Dark clouds indeed. Especially when I'd finally gotten all caught up reading most of the blogs I follow. And now I'm behind again.
I have outfit photos I'm just dying to share but until then... I think I'll share a bit more about my pets! My post mentioning them seemed to stir up some interest, and I'm always happy as a clam to talk about them.
First of all, my pets are my babies. I might not want a child with my own DNA but these little creatures are the next best thing for me. My ball pythons will live up to or even over two decades, and if any of my tarantulas are female, they could live as long too. These pets are not a momentary thing, they're a lifelong commitment for me and it's my job as their caregiver to make certain they have long, healthy lives.
Someone asked how my cat deals with all these critters! Well, he's a normal kitty, and if he could, he'd be allll over those guys in a split second. So this means I need a room just for the animals, one the cat isn't allowed into unless I'm there too to keep an eye out. Now, I live in a 1 bedroom apartment. So I am living in my apartment a little as if it were a bachelor instead.
My bed is actually in what would usually be the living room, and the actual room with a closing door has all the pets, my sofa and gaming TV and various other whatsits and such that I don't need in my face during my day-to-day. I actually think this is a far more ideal use of the space for me than a regular set up. Not to mention it keeps the cat from causing any chaos with the critters.
This is Pumpkin, a juvenile male tarantula. He's still got a lot of growing to do before he reaches his full 8-10 inches in legspan.
Believe it or not, this was Pumpkin when I first got him
as a spiderling back in April 2009.
Now technically speaking, I'm not supposed to have my pets in my apartment. But thankfully Ottawa has a city-wide by-law that allows any tenant to have pets - within the law - so long as they do not do any damage to the unit, whether or not the landlord approves. And since most folks haven't a clue about my pets, it's not too much of a problem.
This is Rorschach, my 2yrs old spider-morph ball python.
I will admit I'm rather worried at the prospect of moving out West next year. It's one thing moving all these guys across the city - which I did in my car, veeery carefully - and another thing entirely to move them halfway across a continent. I've found some reliable reptile-shippers though, that I am hoping will help simplify things come time.
Until that time though, I need to try and not acquire any others. Which is going to be difficult since I really, really, really want to get my grubby little mitts on a Kenyan Sand Boa. I hope this post was interesting! I promise I'll get back to my normal subject matter once I can actually access the internet from home... Happy Wednesday everyone. Cheers!
P.S. The Styling Dutchman is having a great giveaway, check it out!






0 comments:
Post a Comment