Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Some Stylish Montrealers

I think I mentioned that I was going dancing in Montreal this past weekend. I wound up taking a few photos of some folks in wicked outfits, but only two of them turned out. (not to mention I was not in a state for proper photo taking a large part of the night) I just can't believe how fashionable Montrealers are! I have to start with this awesome guy.

April 02 2011 Montreal B

He was dressed to the nines! And boy could he dance! It sort of felt like I was dancing with Roger Sterling from Mad Men. You can't see here because his arms are bent, but he was even wearing spiffy metal upper armbands (what are those called???).

And then I met this lovely lady while I was outside getting some air. Fashionable stripes, a super cute little vest and comfy jeans! She admitted to not having been to a similar event in over ten years, but came out with all her friends on a whim. I'm glad she did!

April 02 2011 Montreal A

I only wish I'd not been too shy to ask folk for more photos. I really need to get over this shyness if I want to do any sort of street fashion photography in the city this summer!

It seems the more attention I pay to how I dress, the more I notice the styles and fashion choices of other people. I'm appreciating others' outfits way more now than I ever used to. It's fun! Do you pay much attention to other people's clothes and how they dress? Does it impact how you see them as a person?

Gratuitous kitty photo! My boy Caramel :)

This is a terribly shaky first attempt at documenting others' fashion and style sense. In the future, I'd like to feature a person, and then also feature fashion bloggers who've donned similar outfits, or different items that could be purchased to recreate the outfit. Sound interesting?

I haven't got too much else to say today. I signed a lease for another apartment last evening, and I'll be moving in 2 weeks. Exciting, but also stressful and a bit frightening. I'm also FINALLY caught up reading all the blog posts from the past several weeks, except for a few that host photos on sites that are blocked at my work, heh. Those I'll have to catch up on at home. ;)

Hope you're all having a great week, cheers!

1 comments:

bonfire of my vanity said...

i love this idea! don't be shy! if someone asked me to take a picture because they liked what i was wearing i would be so flattered. god, i want to go dancing.

Post a Comment