Monday, April 18, 2011

Internets Down

Well my move on Saturday went quite well. We managed to avoid the rain-hail-snow-rain that overwhelmed us in the evening, which is very good. Annoyingly, my internet and phone services were not properly moved over and I'll be disconnected until Tuesday next week. *sigh* This same thing happened to me when I moved into my previous apartment in August last year, I swear I'm cursed.

Anyhow, because of this fact... no outfit posts until after Tuesday! Technically I should be busy unpacking anyway so this will probably help my productivity but... until then, only other-stuff posts. And today's other-stuff post is to thank the lovely lady at Pull Your Socks Up for a blogger award. I gather I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself now! Here goes!

Thing 1: I have been living on my own since the age of 17, when I moved out and away to attend college here in Ottawa. I've lived by myself, with a boyfriend, with several different room mates, and just recently had my parents living with me for a while, and now I am back in an apartment by myself. People often tell me I seem very mature for my age, and I think a large part of that is due to my being self-reliant from such a young age and going through a lot of events that most folks don't go through until they're older.

 Myself back in March of 2008. Big difference eh?

Thing 2: I have a lot of pets. I've posted some photos of them here and there but never talked about all of them. I currently share my living space with 1 cat, 1 western hognose snake, 2 tree frogs, 2 crested geckos, 2 ball pythons, and 8 tarantulas. I've had my cat since I was 16, but I started accumulating all the others in January of 2009. As you can see, it has snow balled just a tad, heh.

 My crested gecko, Stickers.

 My two Grey Tree Frogs, Tic and Tac.

Thing 3: I am currently in an extremely-long-distance relationship with a lad living on the border of Alberta and Saskatchewan, some 3000+ km's away. We met, of all silly ways, on a webcam site called J-TV way back in my college days in 2008. We started chatting on MSN, and in July of 2009 I flew out to Alberta to visit him and attend a music festival. I fell head over heels and we've been intertwined since. I'm going to be moving West to live with him in the summer of 2012.

Thing 4: I am only child! I will admit I'm a little spoiled, but not in the way of being given tons of things. My parents were never rich people and money was tight, but I always had their attention and they are always there to lend me a hand.

Myself at 14 with my parents.

Thing 5: I have a terrible temper, extremely little patience and am prone to being overemotional. Small things affect me far more than most people and I have a hard time keeping a hold on my negative emotions sometimes. I also feel my good emotions all the more strongly though, and that I can't complain about.

Thing 6: I am turning 23 this year, I have a college diploma, a permanent government job... and I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I hate my job, and I hate what I went to school for (which is Library and Information Technician) but I don't know what else to do - well, I don't have any ideas that are realistic. I'd looove to own a fun little shop someday though, with funky clothes and vintage stuff and hand made things. Maybe someday?

Thing 7: I do not ever want to have children. Everybody who hears this tells me I will change my mind. But I really, really dislike children. I don't even know what to do with them. My youngest cousin is 15 so I never even spent time around young kids without being a kid myself. I've never so much as held a baby. I fail completely at interacting with children without making them cry. So no kids for me!

I know I'm supposed to nominate 7 other bloggers but to be honest I'm just too stressed with this whole internet thing and I have to leave work soon and that means no more internet at home and bleh... I really hope my evening goes better. Later all!

5 comments:

annalene said...

Your pets are so freaking cute. I just want to cuddle that gecko!

And high five for not wanting kids. I always hear the same thing either i'll change my mind OR I'M CRAZY. honestly, I just don't like their.. stickiness.

annalene
Brixton Street

Ana said...

Yaaaay, I love frogs and geckos too! I had 3 pet frogs in college and everyone gave me gried about how gross they were. One of my frogs was an African walking frog and he was SO COOL.

Thank you for leaving me a supportive comment the other day, I really appreciate it! :o)

Anonymous said...

I want to hug your frogs. Even though they'd probably hate it.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Hello lovely, I hope things are getting better in the move and you're settling in. Heck, what's it like moving into a new place with all your exotic pets? Do they freak out? Do landlords mind? How does your cat cope being surrounded by so many potential "dinners";)? So many questions, it's fabulous to learn more about you!! What a bummer that you're without interwebz just when there's a long weekend - grrrrr. Stickers looks utterly gorgeous. I think you'd love Queensland, so many wonderful wild creatures. I have a house full of wild geckoes keeping the moths and mozzie numbers down, noisy visits from a flock of rainbow lorikeets, a blue-tongue lizard (or three) living under my front steps and another native lizard that constantly suns itself on my back path and I'm always nearly stepping on, it's so lazy! I'm not allowed pets at my rental property but there's plenty to enjoy here. Take care gorgeous! xo

oomph. said...

#4 - you were spoiled in the best way!

quite a collection of pets! they must keep you busy!!

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Post a Comment