Monday, September 26, 2011

Strutter

Am I the only twenty-something who really loves Kiss? I grew up listening to their tunes, and their flashy-badass-come-cheesy costumes plus their up beat fun-styled rock always appealed to me. I saw them live here in Ottawa three years ago actually, which was pretty fantastic. Gene Simmons' bass solo just blew me away. But all that from my desire to find a good title for this outfit post... And Kiss' song Strutter came to mind.

Sept 11 2011 E
Tank top - Fairweather
Skirt (skorts) - Thrifted from Value Village
Sandals - Thrifted from Value Village

Everybody says she's lookin' good
And the lady knows it's understood
Strutter!

I felt like a million bucks in this outfit. It was a lovely Sunday afternoon when I decided to head to Dow's Lake Park again to take some more outfit shots. Far from being the only person taking advantage of such a beautiful day, the place was rather packed with people. I kept getting very obvious looks from cyclists and joggers. But I walked with my head up and went about my photo-taking business like a champ.

Sept 11 2011 C

This looks like I'm wearing a mini-skirt, but it's actually got some nylon shorts attached inside it to help a girl keep her modesty. I'd never have purchased the thing otherwise, but the shorts helped me seal the deal. I actually nearly left them behind, but I'm glad I didn't. I won't have very many more chances to wear these with fall on the way, but I'm glad I got to wear them the once and get these great photos.

Sept 11 2011 B

I finally acquired some shatter nail polish and I quite like the effect! I painted it on over some yellow and neon pink polishes, because clearly having crazy crackle nails isn't crazy enough over one colour heh.

Sept 11 2011 A

While I was taking the next photo (and the dozens of others that didn't make the cut) I could see a guy with his dog eyeing me. I'm pretty used to funny looks so I just shrugged it off. When I was done with that particular spot and started walking off, he called over and asked what I was doing and if I was a model hah. We got to talking and I left with lovely compliments singing in my ears. It's nice to hear that you look good from someone else, even if you already know you do. Ego boost!

Sept 11 2011 D

I spent the weekend at my parents', and we celebrated my mother's 50th birthday. It was a pretty relaxed weekend, but I was very glad to finally get home yesterday. I had to take the Greyhound back for the first time in over 2 years. I am really going to miss having a vehicle, and it's going to take some getting used to being on foot again. Especially since I refuse to use our city's horribly-planned overly-expensive transit system. We have the worst service and the highest price for transit in the entire country. Talk about fail!

I'm going to try and catch up to my photo editing and get back into the swing of things this week. I hope you all had a really great weekend. Cheers!

5 comments:

Ki said...

You look great :D and the toenails are pure awesomeness!

moonshinejunkyard said...

haha!!! i love the kiss reference, the title, and the way you felt that day. that is my favorite feeling on earth! you were just glowing, no wonder the dude had to come up and compliment you. that little skirt/skort is sooooo cute on you...hell of a way to celebrate the end of summer!

Vanessa said...

It's really funny what kinds of looks and reactions I get when I take selfies in a public spot. Usually people are too shy to actually ask outright what is going on!
I love the flowers in this park. So beautiful!

oomph. said...

look at them legggs :) you look very pretty, and i'm loving the toenails as well. i still have to try the crackle polish!!!

[oomph.]

Paulie Antiques said...

ooh! love your sandals! waaant :)

love, polly

Post a Comment