Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hog's Back Falls

It was warm and sunny today, a nice relief after the gloomy rain we had most of the week. I took the opportunity at sunshine to go visit Hog's Back Falls and the little surrounding park area. The falls themselves are dammed up now for the most part, but it's still cool to see the water rushing over the rocks, and the stream down from the dam is very pretty.

Sept 11 2010 E

I had a bit of a hard time finding quiet places to take photos of myself. There were lots of people wandering about - not to mention the homeless drunk man asleep on one of the benches who kept hollering "Damn you kids! I ain't nothing! Fuck off!" no matter who it was that passed by him... Ah, local city wildlife!

Plus I'd had the misfortune of forgetting my tripod which certainly complicated things. I wound up having to find suitable places to prop my camera, often using my purse to help raise it off the ground. I had been so sure it was in the back seat of my car, but apparently not!

Sept 11 2010 B
Dress - Hand tie-dyed, bought from aftershowershop on Etsy.

Notice my ingenious use of the log to hold my camera, haha... The sad part about all this though, is that I wound up ripping two large gashes in the bottom of my dress near the hem! I heard the rip when it happened and my heart just sunk, because I really adore this dress. Thankfully the rips are both in the bottom section and I'll be able to remove it and carry on wearing my dress like it never happened! (And maybe I won't trip in it anymore either, hah!)

Sept 11 2010 A
I've gotten so good at smiling for the camera... but only if there's no one behind it!

Sept 11 2010 C
You can really see that spider tattoo I mentioned in the previous post. :)

Sept 11 2010 D

I like knowing that, even while living in a city as large as Ottawa, that there are still nice quiet spots like these. Just outside of the photo there were several high rise buildings to the left, and further downstream a huge overpass went right over the water. But while I was there, so far as I was concerned, I may as well have been in the middle of nowhere.

I hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday! Cheers!

1 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

what a beautiful spot and i LOVE that dress! whenever mishaps occur when i'm wearing something i love i just chalk it up to life experiences. repaired rips don't bother me at all. clothes are meant to be worn and loved!!! and you seem to be doing quite nicely at that my lady!

Post a Comment