Thursday, September 23, 2010

In Your Face

Today I wore the dress that I purchased at Vintage Wear/Ware, which I showed a quick photo of in a previous post.

Sept 23 2010 C
Dress - Purchased at Vintage Wear/Wear in Almonte.

I'm still not too sure how I feel about the 80's shoulder pads (I usually avoid those like the plague) but they shall stay for now. This is definitely a very loud, very NOTICE ME kind of dress for sure.

 Sept 23 2010 A

I really dig the pattern of the fabric though, it has so many little details once you get up close to it. I'm convinced that some of those are supposed to be really elaborate peacocks.

Sept 23 2010 B

It always amuses me when people first meet me with my hair up, and then see me again with it down, and how shocked they are at the actual length of my hair. It's just really thin so I can curl it up tight without it looking long. Which is good because in the summer... long hair is hell on toast in the heat!

This is definitely not a dress that's going to get tons of casual wear - although it will likely make the occasional appearance at work - and it'll be handy in cooler weather with some thick nylons.

I'm a fashion oddball, but that's okay! Cheers!

1 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

hooray for fashion oddballs! i like that way of putting it. you look amazing in that dress, even the shoulder pads are becoming on you. i can never pull them off because i have broad shoulders, although i kinda like them for nostalgia's sake.

Post a Comment