Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Like Stars in the Sky

That's what the pattern on this dress always makes me think of; the cosmos, stars in the sky. It's really little flowers and geometric shapes, but hey! I see what I see! The weather has been topsy turvy, calling for sunshine one minute, but yet raining the next. I think I may have to start finding new indoor places to take photos, otherwise they'll always be the awkward blah ones taken in my own home.

Sept 22 2010 A
Dress - Purchased from Sally Jane Vintage on Etsy.

Originally the sleeves were longer, with elastics at the wrists (as you can see in the original listing photos) but I shortened them. They were too hot, and itchy, and they were an awkward length on my arms. It made everything feel just a bit too costume-y and now I'm much happier.

Sept 22 2010 B

I went to a Value Village yesterday, and was happy to see that they at least still had huge racks of dresses available. I didn't take many photos - I was busy trying on something around 20-something dresses - and it slipped my mind most of the time there.

VV 21 Sept 2010 C
See, I wasn't kidding about the 20-odd dresses!

VV 21 Sept 2010 B
So many dresses, and each with some sort of problem!

Dress after dress, it was either too big, too small, did not fit my bust, did not look good, had holes or stains... I was actually beginning to despair that I had tried on all those dresses and would still leave empty handed. Finally the before-last dress yielded itself to being "just right" and I took it home. It is a summer dress, so not quite what I'd been looking for, but I purchased a light long sleeved shirt in a matching colour to wear beneath it this winter.

VV 21 Sept 2010 A
Not the best photo, but it's a cute dress and it'll likely be in outfit shots in the future.

I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately, not being able to muster the effort to take outfit photos I could be happy with yesterday. (You didn't miss much anyway, I dressed for the weather and something easy to change in and out of at the store.) I'm spending a lot of time reading, and playing old N64 games, trying to relax and rest. It just seems like a lot of people are ill lately. It's that time of year!

I hope the sun is shining where you are! Cheers!

1 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

my sister hates trying on dresses but i looovvee it. it starts to scare me when i have a pile like that and i want everything. that actually happens sometimes; and i am not good at restraining myself! so when it happens that only one works out i am actually a little bit relieved!

i'm a teeny bit under the weather too....and i NEVER get sick so, yucky. feel better soon!

Post a Comment