Now for the FBFF post. Here we go!
1. Do you think there is an incompatibility between feminism and a
love for fashion?
Quite the opposite! I can't say I know a lot about Feminism, but seems to me that it's about having the power to do what you want to do, be who you want to be, and that should include wearing whatever you want to wear. Even if that happens to be a cutesy floral skirt and sheer risque blouse.
2. There is more to each of us than a love for fashion, how do you
incorporate every aspect of yourself into your blog?
I just throw in whatever is going on with my life that I like and want to share. I don't think about it too much, just roll with it. I've been posting photos of my pets, and recipes with photos of the baked foods, photos from visually entertaining events etc. If I think someone else might be interested, I'll post it.
3. With the fashion industry still being a male-dominated profession,
how do you think it would differ if women played a larger role?
I think there would be a lot more comfort-aimed fashion lines. A lot of the lines with female designers tend to be geared towards comfort first over anything else.
4. How is your self-image and the way you carry yourself informed by
your beliefs?
To be honest, my beliefs have very little to do with my self-image.
5. Do you think clothing/makeup/hair helps communicate the truth about
yourself or are those things superfluous add-ons?
I'm not so sure about the truth of myself, but they certainly communicate a lot. A sloppy young woman in a stained sweat suit communicates something much different than a neat young woman in a 60's mod dress or prim 70's secretary dress. I do very little with my hair, which could perhaps show that I either am comfortable with how I look without going overboard, or that my appearance is of little concern to me. Depends on how the other people see things.
FIN.
You know, I really thought I would do a better job of answering those. That really did not go well. I'm a tad dissapointed in myself. I'm just not managing to communicate all that well tonight. Ah, chalk it up to stress I suppose. My parents are pretty much all packed up and ready to move now, just some last few things before we start hauling stuff the 300+kms to their new home. Weeee...! Not.
But hey, it's Friday! And I'll likely be making another post tonight, or tomorrow, with some photos I took outside (yay, outside!) and maybe a few more of some pets.
Hope you're all doing great! Cheers!


1 comments:
I like your answers I'd have to say I'd respon quite the same:) and P.S. I'd KILL for those boots hahaha
Post a Comment