These are indeed as delicious as they look! And so super simple to make too! I used this recipe here, but there are literally dozens of oreo cupcake recipes out there, so if this one isn't your favourite, try another. Anywho, I had the brainwave of taking photos while baking these, to give you a sort of step-by-step. Here we go!
Ingredients: - 18 whole Oreo Cookies and 6 roughly chopped Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 a cup of sugar
- 2 large room temperature eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 a cup of sour cream
- 1 pound cream cheese (I know it seems like a lot, but it's worth it!)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract (the real stuff makes a difference)
- A pinch of salt
Step 1: Place cupcake liners in your muffin tins (I used one 12 cup and one 6 cup tin, medium cup size) and then place One Oreo Cookie in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
Step 2: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. I highly recommend you let your cream cheese hang out somewhere warm ahead of time, to make this an easier task.
Step 3: Once the cream cheese is smooth, gradually add in your sugar, and then beat in the vanilla extract.
Pictured here is the cream cheese combined with sugar...
Because I forgot I was supposed to be taking a photo at each step!
Step 4: Drizzle in the beaten eggs, a little bit at a time. Make sure to scrape down the sides so everything is well combined!
So I didn't drizzle... but it worked out fine!
Step 5: Beat in the sour cream and add your pinch of salt!
Step 6: Stir in chopped cookies by hand. The ol' fashion way!
Step 7: Pour your batter into the cupcake cups, nearly to the top. These won't rise like most cupcakes, so don't worry about expanding cupcakes overflowing.
Step 8: Bake at 275˚F for about 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Step 9: Transfer to a wire cooling rack - but keep in tins - and once cool, place in fridge to set for at least 4 hours. (I left mine in overnight)
And voilĂ ! Oreo cream cheese cupcakes! They're like tiny little single-serving sized cheesecakes in a cup. I do recommend eating them with a fork and in a plate, with a napkin handy.
I hope you enjoyed my photo-by-photo recipe post Cheers!












4 comments:
omg yum. have the munchies now! what a great recipe!
WowowoW! these look so amazeballs! Seriously. How bout a reprise at the next cooking/crafting day? They'd be a hit!
So making these!!!
ok, these don't look too difficult??!! i know i will love them! will definitely be bookmarking this, thanks!
rockoomph.blogspot.com
Post a Comment