Thursday, March 31, 2011

The One That Got Away

I took initiative yesterday evening and styled myself. Baby steps! So much so, I missed a button on my jacket and I didn't notice until I was looking at the photos on my computer. Oops? I still like the photos anyway, even if I am a goof who can't do up her buttons properly. Thank goodness there are only five! I've gone out the door in a button up dress crookedly buttoned on at least one occasion. I admit it, I'm button-challenged!

March 30 2011 D
Jacket - Thrifted from Value Village
Dress - Purchased from Sally Jane Vintage on Etsy
Tights - Fancy Sox
Flats and belt - Ardene's
Scarf - Spring
Sunglasses - Young Jane's Vintage

I bought this jacket way back in December, but it nearly didn't happen. I tried it on, I pet it, I showed it to my mother, I put it back on the rack, wandered back to it, carried it around, and finally just purchased the darn thing. I'm glad I did, it's perfect for this weather, and has a nice different vibe compared to my usual black leather jacket.

March 30 2011 B

Now there's something odd about these sun glasses. Sometimes, I absolutely adore them, other times, I feel I look ridiculous. I loved them when I bought 'em, I loved them while taking these photos... but now that I look at them, I think I look funny! Not to mention they really, really make me look like my god-mother back in the 70's heh. But that's part of why I love them... they're just so wonderfully vintage!

March 30 2011 C

This dress has a self-fabric belt, but I switched things up and added a black belt instead. I have no idea why I didn't try doing this earlier, I really like how it looks. I particularly adore the above photo, I feel like I could be just another gal from the 70's! (Or maybe I'm just full of myself!)

March 30 2011 A

Here I am in my now-reclaimed living room. My father had kind of taken over the place with his painting supplies and spent a lot of time napping on the couch so I tended to avoid it for the most part. But now the room has opened up and it's all mine again. You're likely going to be seeing a lot more of it, since there's a huge picture window that lets in oodles of wonderful bright light and I would love to take advantage of that for outfit photos.

It's Friday tomorrow! Hope you're all having a good day. Cheers!

4 comments:

two birds said...

vavavoom! that dress looks fab on you!

Rebecca said...

That jacket is really cute. I like the choice of the black belt instead of the fabric belt.

moonshinejunkyard said...

i love how you say "i pet it" !!! totally. i'm glad you bought it; you look marvelous and yes, you could totally be a gal from the 70s! nice touch with the black belt. lookin good!

Ana said...

I'm glad you took this jacket home, it's fabulous!! I'm also glad I'm not the only one who pets clothes :o)

- Ana

Post a Comment