Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Intermission

Let's just consider this an intermission from your regularly scheduled (not really) blog posts. Ahem. I haven't really been in the mood to blog lately, nor even read the blogs of those I'm following - I'm sorry, I'll try to catch up - but I am making effort today to try and get back in the swing of things. Thankfully, I still have a saved up outfit from a few weeks ago.

Feb 19 2011 C
Dress - In the mall somewhere
Tights - Fancy Sox
Leg warmers - Ardene's

I wore this way back on February 19th, 2011. I don't usually tend to buy things from the mall anymore but this dress caught my eye last year and I just couldn't help myself. The pattern is fun, and the dress does amazingly well at managing my bosom that I had to take it home haha...

I just finished cleaning out my closet of clothing I no longer wear or things that are now too large. I purged 5 pairs of jeans (I don't even wear pants, why do I have all of these?!) several old dresses, dress shirts, sweater dresses, t-shirts... All the more room for new vintage acquisitions! ;)

Feb 19 2011 B
Feb 19 2011 A

We're going back to Sturgeon Falls tomorrow to spend some time with my grandmother before the funeral Saturday. So I'm going to be AWOL for a wee bit longer as we're only coming back on Sunday. I want to bring all my jewelery making supplies so I can keep myself busy sans internet.

And thank you to all of you for the kind comments. They meant a lot, and I really appreciated them. Somehow they seem more sincere to me in a way, since none of you were obligated or forced, but willing gave me your kind words.

I hope you're all doing well. Cheers.

4 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

aw cel, i don't know what happened but i really did write you a comment on your last post. somehow it did not work (?) but anyway i just want to say that my heart truly goes out to you and your entire family. and i am glad that you're taking a little break and working on your jewelry and just trying to find peace through all this. your sweet spirit shines through and your family is lucky to have a sensitive and kind soul like you to share their grief with. much love to you.

bonfire of my vanity said...

loving that dress. hope you feel better soon. take care.

Shybiker said...

Leg-warmers! I've been waiting for them to come back. I've loved them since the '80's.

Nice dress. The color is beautifully bold.

anne said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. your grandma will be in my thoughts, loosing your spouse is so difficult. my step dad died at 50 three years ago. it's been a tough road for my mom. it sounds like she will have lots of support though. that's just what she'll need.

your dress is lovely! and a good closet cleaning is exactly what i've been wanting to do for some time now thanks for the inspiration :D

Post a Comment