Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bare Essentials

In this post, I am going bare! Err... well, bare faced. I didn't wear an ounce of makeup on Sunday, and you know, I actually think I look not too bad. I hadn't been planning on actually going out in public when I got dressed that day (which I think is pretty apparent), but I wound up spending hours running around from store to store, and then going out for wings with a friend that evening. For a split second I contemplated putting makeup on since I'd be at a restaurant and all, but then decided eh, screw it. And I'm cool with it.

June 26 2011 C
Top - Hand-me-down
Gaucho pants - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Sandals - Thrifted from Value Village

I have very dark circles under my eyes. Whether I'm tired or not it makes no difference, so I usually try and cover that up with well, coverup. None of that here though! I might look like I haven't slept for 48 hours or like someone's been giving me Irish Kisses but ah well, t'is my face.

June 26 2011 A

For some reason all the side-shots I took made it look like my breasts were horrifically lop-sided so this was the best I could do in that regard hah. I was trying to show how these are in fact pants but they're so loose and flowy it's hard to tell. Actually, the friend I went to dinner with had thought I was wearing a skirt straight until after dinner haha...

June 26 2011 B

I last wore these back in December and this was another one of those cases where an item fits quite differently. These used to sit much higher up on my waist, but now my waist is smaller and down they went. They're hitting a funny spot on my calf now which isn't too flattering though. I'm contemplating hemming them up to my knees perhaps, but I don't know if that would ruin the whole gaucho pants thing.

I've managed to take outfit shots 3 days in a row now which is surprising for me, hopefully I can keep this up and get some more tonight. I'm so busy at the moment though, leaving in less than two weeks for Alberta and visiting my parents for the Canada Day long weekend and all sorts of other things. I can't wait for it all to be done so I can just relax!

I hope you're all having a groovy Tuesday. Cheers!

7 comments:

anne said...

you look gorgeous! i was sick of feeling like i had to wear make up every day, so i went a week without wearing it and now i find that i'm confidant with or without it. it's quite freeing i think.

ps-i have dark circles as well, always have.

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

You look lovely! Love that tee. x hivenn

daniela kate morosini said...

love the skirt print xx

two birds said...

seriously, you look amazing without makeup! i also love that skirt.

oomph. said...

you look totally fine and pretty without makeup! and, i actually think the length of the pants are ok. is seems to work with flats, and would look great with heels, too.

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Paulie Antiques said...

that is exactly what I am doing now with my diet. It's very hard for me to change over to vegan, but I respect my boyfriend's choices very much. Maybe one day I will read a book that will help me to make the decision?

ciao!

love, polly :)

Ana said...

I can totally relate to the dirk-circle syndrome, I constantly have them. But I really don't think you do, you look fine without the makeup!

Post a Comment