Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We're having a heatwave...

...Oooh a tropical heat waaaave. (Am I the only one who thinks of Grumpy Old Men when I hear that song?) But seriously, it is hot here in Ottawa. How hot is it you ask? Hot enough I've given up having my hair loose pretty much ever. It's a little past 10am right now, and it is currently 27'C / 79'F but feels like 33'C / 90'F. It was even hotter yesterday. Thankfully I live in Chinatown and can get it's-too-hot-to-cook-anything takeout food from at least a dozen different places within a 2 block radius haha.

May 26 2011 E
Vest - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Tank top - Fairweather
Skirt - Purchased at Ragtime Vintage
Sandals - Thrifted from Value Village

It wasn't quite as hot when I wore this last Thursday, but things were well on their way to summer temperatures. You can't tell, since the skirt's waist is covered by my top, but I actually had to overlap the fabric a good 2 inches and sew it together just so I could keep wearing it. I love this skirt way too much to let it go just because it's a bit big now. And I shall continue taking it in if I keep losing weight! Never shall this skirt and I part! Ahem.

May 26 2011 C
May 26 2011 A

I am still very much in love with my electric blue toes. Something tells me this is going to be a summer of colourful toesies, because I'm of a mind to find some more obnoxiously bright polish colours. And as you can see, I am still very much bobby-pin challenged. It doesn't help I am blonde and these were coated brown. But I was desperate. Hopefully nobody spends too much time staring at the top of my head.

May 26 2011 D

It's too bad my eyes look bruised. Stupid under eye circles that will not go away! And this is WITH concealer. Seriously, I look like someone's been giving me Irish kisses if I'm not wearing makeup. That or like I haven't slept for days. Sigh. I did recently find out that I have extremely low Iron and that I'm actually B12 deficient though, and I'm hoping that perhaps once those things are brought to a healthy level that maaaybe I won't look like a zombie so much.

May 26 2011 B

It is June 1st, and in 39 days I will be in Alberta and finally get to see my boyfriend again! You bet I'm counting down those days. I haven't seen him since I last went to visit for my birthday back in October. It just blows my mind it's already June though, nearly half a year gone already.

Oh, and do you remember my post thanking Anika Burke for the pretty items I won? Well there's another little contest going on for a $50 credit toward the shop. You can enter here, I know I am.

Anywho, I hope you're all having a lovely week so far. And I apologize to those of you who've been getting tons comments from me as I catch up on all my reading and commenting, hah. Cheers!

1 comments:

oomph. said...

ok, this outfit i love on you! i love the neutral colors, and of course the maxi!! cute do as well! i'm hair pin challenged...can never seem to pin the right way to hold the hair and end up using like 20 pins!!

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Post a Comment