Dress - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Shoes - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Purse - Aldo
And on top of this dress being my size, its belt was still with it! Score! And then there's the back of the dress... ! (Can you sense my excitement?!!!)
Buttons down the back! I usually avoid button-back clothes like the plague, but these are big and sturdy and actually super easy to do up by myself.
I of course had my hair up that day since it was a scorcher. (I finally have my hair down today, since it is oddly now half as hot as it was yesterday.) I know, wearing a long dress probably wasn't the brightest idea, but it actually wasn't so bad! The dress breathes well and I was quite comfortable even walking outside over lunch.
Sorry for another photo of me from behind, but it's the only one where you can clearly see my purse that actually turned out nicely. Maybe it was a lunatic move to pair such a colourfully patterned purse with an already bright dress, but I felt like there was too much uniformity of colour going on not to. And hey, my shoes were modest!
Speaking of shoes... I've been dreaming of shoes. Wandering the mall at my lunch break, trying on shoes. Oggling shoes online. But I have no money for shoes. No money for much of anything really, not for a while, argh. It's annoying, but I know once I can actually go out and buy a pair of shoes, I will enjoy them all the more for having waited to buy them.
Anyhow, I hope you are all having a good week! Cheers!




7 comments:
Hello,
Thanks so ch for your sweet comment! I feel like your blog is always on my periphery, but I lose you and have to come back and catch up with you. You're looking very beautiful these days, I love all the colors you're wearing lately! It's pretty overcast and cool outside on my island, so my summer clothes are still packed.
I hope you're doing well and enjoying the summer!
Take Care,
Clare
i like the fun bag with the green dress. anything else would have been plain boring. this is such a great color on you!
rockoomph.blogspot.com
I like the bright blue buttons!
WOW,stunning dress!!!You look so chic!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/
wow! the dress is beautiful, doll! that typewriter tip tip song is my favorite too!!!!!!! hahaha i LOVE it. I play it in Dandelion every time I work!! haha, thank you so much for your comments! you're so very sweet!
love, polly :):)
I love brights with brights, the more colour the better! Green is actually my favourite colour, and the blue buttons down the back are extra awesome!
Ahhh! That bag! It's a dream!
Thanks for your feedback on my 'how many times a week should I post' question! It's interesting to hear everyone's thoughts.
Post a Comment