This painting hangs in my bedroom, I had it commissioned from my friend Nicole. My specifications were that it be a painting of Jim Morrison, and that it be psychedelic, with any medium she pleased. And this is what she came up with! I love it so much! Now I get to wake in the morning and gaze at the handsome Jim.
And of course there's no denying that the man had a magic about him. A free spirit flying to us from the desert with wild free thoughts in his mind. Not to mention he was so handsome. *swoon* Just look at those eyes!
Are you with me on the Jim Morrison love? I only wish I'd been around in his time, I'd have totally been a little flower power groupie swooning in his presence. I know a lot of the hype that made the Doors famous was due to Jim's behavior during live acts, and it's a bummer because near the end that was a big reason why a lot of people showed up at concerts. People weren't there for music, they were there to hear him rant and see him go wild. Which I guess is just a part of Jim, and how he lived, and that's cool, but it's too bad the music fell by the wayside.
Peace Frog and Waiting for the Sun are probably my most favourite songs from their 1970 album Morrison Hotel. Peace Frog is actually a pretty morbid song when you listen to the lyrics, all about blood following him and filling cities, but the beat and sounds are so peppy I can't help but dance.
Anyway, I think that's enough Doors obsessing for one day! Hope you're all having a groovy Wednesday. Cheers!





5 comments:
Oh, yeah. I'm right there with you. American Prayer is one of my very favorita albums ever. Morrison's manic actions (and eyes) have always kind of scared me though, he's a visceral sort of shaman, I couldn't imagine being his lover, but I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at a concert or two.
Take Care,
Clare
I love The Doors. All of their songs are just amazing. Have you seen the movie? I thought it was a fairly accurate portrayal! I wish I could have seen them in concert! xx
I love the doors too!! :)
Monique xx
www.misszuman.com
Love that painting!
http://www.fashuhneestah.com/
I have to admit, I've never listened to the Doors that much. But I listened to both of the songs you posted, and they're really, REALLY good! I might have to check this out more for myself later on. :) Your friend did an awesome job with the painting, too. SO good.
Post a Comment