Thursday, August 4, 2011

Better than Diamonds

Maybe I'm crazy, but when it comes to jewelery, I'd rather something unique and nature-inspired than a diamond any day. Yes, diamonds are pretty. But they're also ridiculously expensive (which would make me paranoid about losing the darn things), not to mention there are just-as-pretty replicas at much more affordable prices. Either way, natural stones, wood, flora inspired designs, shells, feathers... these are the things that attract me.

So as you can imagine, I was thrilled when my lovely boyfriend gifted me this real orchid necklace! It has beautiful fresh water pearls and green turquoise with little gold spacers. Love! The best part, is that back in January someone (my boyfriend, unbeknownst to me) had purchased it, and I'd even posted about it, saying how I was sad I'd missed out heh. Mine after all!

August 01 2011 F
Dress - Thrifted from Value Village
Sandals - Thrifted from Value Village
Belt - Gift from Heather
Purse - Thrifted from Value Village
Necklace - Gift from boyfriend, purchased from Lisa Burkin on Etsy

This adorable white dress and cute straw bag are new thrift-finds from last Friday. I tried on about a bizzilion clothing items, only coming away with a few in the end, but they were real gems. I adore this dress, and only wish I'd had it earlier in the summer!

August 01 2011 E
August 01 2011 A
August 01 2011 C
August 01 2011 D

I went a little nutty with the nail polish colours again. It wasn't enough to have alternating coloured toes, oh no, I had to go alternating colours on my big-toe nails too hah. And if I look a little oddly-coloured, these photos were taken on the tail-end of a not-too-bad sun burn, so I was still rather pink.

August 01 2011 B

I'm actually wearing this necklace again today. I am taking any excuse in the slightest to wear this baby. I loved it already when I saw it for sale, but I love it even more now that it was a gift from my man. And it means more to me than if he'd just gone out and bought some shiny diamond trinket, that's for sure! Cheers!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

That necklace is pretty, and it sounds like you boyfriend knows your style!

Chelsea said...

what a thoughtful and unique gift! the best kind. and it's gorgeous too :) I love how you kept the rest of the ensemble summery and simple, to let the necklace take center stage.

moonshinejunkyard said...

hey cel, lookin GOOD lady! what a sweetie to snag it for you and surprise you.

i have a couple things i have found that i think you'd like. if you email me your address, i'll get a little package ready! :) moonshinejunkyard@gmail.com

that white dress is PERFECT and refreshing on you. happy summer indeed!

Annebeth said...

I SO agree, I don't get why people are so into diamonds. I prefer unique shapes and pieces with character, like my three buttercup ring. This necklace is amazing!

Anonymous said...

♥
Oh, nice post.)) Love your blog!!!.))))))

I need your help ... Soon I am flying to Greece and I will have a two-day shopping in Athens .. You were there ever? If yes, what places you advise?

♥

Unknown said...

There are a great many of you, my dear beautiful feet

Post a Comment