Thursday, August 11, 2011

Do Your Homework

When Tieka blogged about her ThreadSence Giveaway, I took the time to go through their Lookbook. After being disappointed that the adorable little aqua and pink-flower shrug seemed not to be available, and getting mildly annoyed with all the cliche native/aztec rip-offs... I spotted some stellar floral wedges by Chinese Laundry.


I've been lusting after floral wedges and sandals of some sort or other for most of this summer and spring, and I fast assumed that these shoes would likely be out of my price range. I clicked through anyway, just to see... Hey, $58, that's not bad! I did some more internet spelunking and managed to find some favourable reviews, and then... I found the shoes on sale. Well ladies and germs, it was a done deal right there.


I spent some time comparing sales prices on different sites, then compared shipping, to try and find the best price and delivery speed. I'm very happy to say that the total price, including the shoes themselves with taxes and S&H, come up to the original sale price. And I will have them delivered to me on Monday! Yes, Monday. How awesome is that?


I wound up buying them on sale from Endless.com, but I'm glad I took the time to compare. Another website had the shoes on sale for a lot cheaper, but their added shipping brought the total prices to about the same amount. No saving there. Not to mention their shipping would have had me waiting 2-3 weeks instead of just 2-3 days. It pays to do one's shoe-shopping homework!



I'm already dreaming up the outfits I'm going to wear with these. I'll need to make the most of the rest of this summer while it lasts and rock these babies proper! It's too bad living in Canada means I'm often stilted when it comes to internet shoe-shopping (6pm.com don't deliver here at all, and Lulus.com charges $22 flatrat to ship here too eek) but I think I did well here.


Now I just need not to buy anything else until after September... I need to have money to get myself out to the Reptile Breeder's Expo and Conference in Toronto that month, and buy myself another creature or three.

The next outfit post is going to be featuring another new-to-the-blog dress (it'll go great with these shoes, actually) and that will popping up tomorrow. I hope you're all having a good week! Cheers!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Those floral wedges are just perfect for you! Love that you got a good deal too :) Can't wait to see how you style 'em up!

Annebeth said...

Those are REALLY beautiful! I'm sure you'll wear them beautifully, such lovely summershoes :)

Rebecca said...

Those shoes are really cute. I've been wanting some floral wedges too.

islabell said...

ahhh! those shoes are devine! xx

Grace said...

The wedges are gorgeous!

Vanessa said...

I really really wanted floral shoes this summer too, and I was so lucky when my sister bought me an adorable turquoise and red pair for my birthday!

Post a Comment