Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's only Tuesday?

I woke up to a kitchen sink crawling with tiny pin-head-sized ants this morning and bleh... it's only Tuesday folks. I hope this week ends quickly. Plus I get to go see both my dentist and my optometrist today... Can you feel my lack of waiting-room enthusiasm? Thank goodness I've got a book with me.

August 17 2011 E
Dress (as top) - Thrifted from Value Village
Skirt - Smartset (I think, it was long ago)
Platforms - Chinese Laundry via endless.com
Belt - Gift from Heather at Moonshine Junkyard
Necklace - Gift from boyfriend, made by Lisa Burkin on Etsy

I was at it again, wearing a dress as a top, back on August 17th. And happily wearing my new Chinese Laundry platform sandals for the first time. I'm always a little apprehensive about buying shoes online, you never really know if they'll be comfortable or fit properly. But these are great, and I love them.

August 17 2011 D

I tried on four different outfits before settling on this one. My cat was watching me run around the apartment in bewilderment. I'm pretty sure my walking around in these shoes freaks him out because he always runs away.

August 17 2011 B
August 17 2011 A

And of course any good excuse to wear my flower necklace. I'd probably wear it everyday if that wouldn't be weird of me. I wonder if I can get my boyfriend to buy me more of these as future gifts... heehee...

August 17 2011 C

It's gloomy and dark here today, looking like rain. Of course on a day I've got plenty of places to walk to. Seriously Tuesday, what's the deal? Monday is the poopy day of the week, stop being a pain! I hope you're all having nice ant-free Tuesdays, wherever you are. Cheers!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

A good book makes a lot of things better. I always take some reading when I go to the doctor or dentist.

Chelsea said...

oh, the shoes! they are splendid! and I never tire of seeing that necklace... perhaps your b/f should buy more for you. you could have one to match every color palette :)

Olivia said...

I love this look- those shoes are great. Good luck at the dentist and here's hoping that Wednesday kicks off a quick easy ride to the weekend.

Liv @ bklynlifestyle.blogspot.com

oomph. said...

i hate waiting rooms! and i hate that they always make you wait, even when you are early or on time!! i have yet to own floral shoes!! these are really cute. have a great rest of the week!

[oomph.]

islabell said...

still loving those shoes lady!!!
x

Style Journey said...

Bummer about the ants! That's happened to me before and I freaked out :)

Cute shoes and necklace. Love how the necklace stands out against the white shirt :)

Heather

Post a Comment